Who says wine country is only for spring or fall? If you are looking for a premier time to visit Napa Valley, put winter high up on your list.
There are more than enough reasons to try out wine country in the winter. While the vines are dormant, the valley and the city are alive with special events. Do not let the thoughts of “winter” and hibernation fool you. After all, a California winter is mild and you will not have snow getting in the way of your fun.
Here are 5 reasons to come out to wine country this winter:
- No Crowds: You get the valley to yourself when you come in the winter. Peak travel times run from spring into fall for grape harvest. Therefore, when you book in the winter, you can take advantage of off-peak rates and enjoy wine country without the crowds.
- The Truffle Festival: Every year in January, Napa Valley hosts the Napa Truffle Festival. If you are looking for a reason to escape in January, come over to wine country and enjoy food, oils, and specialty products made from Napa Valley grown truffles.
- Downtown Shopping: The riverfront is where you will find numerous specialty shops, including wine tastings, chocolates, clothing boutiques, and crafts. When you visit in the winter, you have fewer tourists flooding these shops, post-holiday sales, and much more to take advantage of.
- Cabernet Season: Running from mid-fall into spring, you are visiting during Cabernet season. That means you can warm up those cool winter temperatures with rustic Cabernets and soak up wine country culture. There are special events going on throughout Cabernet season.
- Restaurant Week: In January, Napa Valley hosts their Restaurant Week. The next one will run from January 21-28, 2018. Locals and visitors can dine throughout the valley and enjoy the legendary cuisine, wines, and dessert.
Book your stay in the middle of downtown Napa with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. We have fall and winter packages that offer you special rates and let you take advantage of the winter events.
Here is what our past guests say about their stay with us:
“I was pleased with our room and the hotel in general. The staff was friendly and the beds were comfy.”
“Older hotel at a central location within walking distance to many attractions.”
“…when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and location extremely convenient; we could walk to anywhere in town quickly.”
Make a reservation with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites today. Call 707-226-1871 to confirm your reservation or to learn more about our winter packages.