Treat yourself to a True Wine Country Experience: Visit Napa when Shelter-in-Place is Lifted
As we continue to learn more about the COVID-19 global pandemic, it is becoming increasingly apparent that many social distancing norms will remain active for several months. However, authorities across federal, state and county levels have started devising plans to slowly restart the economy and lift the shelter-in-place orders in a staggered and safe manner. Which means, there will soon be a time when you may be able to plan a weekend getaway to the beautiful and scenic Napa Valley. In fact, you could enjoy several activities even while observing social distancing.
Check out these 5 ideas for a memorable wine country experience, once shelter-in-place is lifted:
- Go hiking: Lace up your boots and head to the beautiful hiking trails across Napa Valley. Enjoy the warm weather and admire wine country’s diverse landscape, including lush vineyards, rugged mountain ranges, sparkling water bodies and redwood-covered creeks. With dozens of state parks and well-preserved natural areas in the region, you can find trails for every skill level.
- Pedal away: Browse through a wide selection of bikes at Napa Valley Bike Rentals and let everyone in your group select their favorite set of wheels. Pack a picnic lunch and pedal your way through the region’s signature biking routes to explore wine country.
- Tee off: As a premier golfing destination with some of the most spectacular courses, Napa offers golf lovers an array of options to choose from. Practice your strokes, perfect your swings and compete with your gang for top scores at one of Napa’s golfing greens.
- Reel in or paddle up: Head to the kid-friendly Smith’s Trout Farm for a relaxed afternoon of fishing. You could also rent paddleboards or kayaks and enjoy scenic valley views while paddling along the glistening Napa River.
- Walk or run: The Napa Riverfront is one of the most vibrant shopping, dining, and entertainment zones in Historic Downtown Napa. Enjoy a leisurely stroll or an adrenaline-pumping run along the stunning waterfront promenade.
Besides these outdoor activities, explore a wide range of private winery tours or wine tasting events that will allow you and your group to safely experience Napa Valley. All these experiences are about minimizing exposure to large, crowded, public places, while still making wonderful memories in wine country. When you plan your visit, book your stay at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our fantastic central location will add a host of comforts and conveniences to your much-awaited Napa getaway.
See what our guests have to say about their stay here:
- “We were in town for BottleRock and wanted a hotel within a short walking distance of the festival. Napa Valley Hotel was perfect and there was plenty of free parking close by. Also, I had booked a three-night minimum through hotels.com but was unable to stay all three nights due to last minute plans. Janise was so nice in refunding me for the nights we didn’t use. This would not happen at a larger hotel. She was accommodating, professional and friendly with every aspect of our stay. Rooms were clean and was perfect after a long day at BottleRock. Will definitely stay again next year.”
- “This hotel is right in the center of downtown Napa, close to shops and restaurants. The room was clean and spacious, great value for your money. The hotel also has parking. Staff were nice and friendly. I would stay here again!”
- “This hotel is in a great location for walking around downtown. We really enjoyed our stay. Gary was so welcoming and helpful. He gave us plenty of ideas on where to eat, wine taste, and fun things to do close by. Our room was clean and quiet. We look forward to our next stay here.”
Plan a Napa Valley getaway once shelter-in-place orders are lifted. Reserve your room online or call us at 707-226-1871 to complete your booking.