Top 5 Outdoor Activities for Families Vacationing in Napa Valley
Napa Valley is the perfect getaway location for families, no matter how young your children may be. From hiking to kid-friendly winery events, you would be surprised how many people take their family vacations up to wine country. If you are looking to avoid the lines of amusement parks and skip the hassles of a crowded beach, consider what Napa has to offer.
Here are five of the most popular outdoor activities for vacationing families:
- Go on a Napa Valley bike tour. If your kids are old enough to ride a bike and handle it for a long stretch, a Napa Valley Bike Tour may be what you all are looking for. You can experience the sights via group tours or go on your own adventure with a self-guided option.
- Visit the kid-friendly wineries. Napa has plenty of wineries that are ready to accommodate the entire family. While most allow children, there are some that have their tours and activities planned specifically for adults traveling with young kids. Frog’s Leap, for example, is an organically-focused winery that offers barn tours and a relaxed atmosphere for everyone to enjoy. Castello di Amorosa is another popular choice for those traveling with kids, because the winery is inspired by a 13th Century Tuscan castle and includes self-guided tours, a dungeon replica, armory, and even a fun wine cave.
- Enjoy a picnic outdoors. Picnics are the epitome of visiting Napa. There is no such thing as an imperfect picnic location in wine country. With the warm, sunny climate, you will find that most days are favorable for a meal outside. Some great places to enjoy a mid-day meal include Clos du Val, where you can get a private table or setup your picnic along Merlot vineyards. Rutherford Hill Winery caters to those looking for spots to enjoy their picnic packages, including tables overlooking the vineyards.
- Go on an adventurous hike. Wine country is rich in vineyards, but also excellent hiking trails. Skyline Wilderness Park offers over 850 acres of adventure, while Westwood Hills Park features hiking trails that look like they are straight out of a fantasy tale.
- Try a hot air balloon ride. Balloons Above the Valley give you the opportunity to explore Napa from the sky above. It is perfect for the family looking to try an entirely new experience on their vacation, and it can be purchased as a package with us!
Be Close to Everything Napa Has to Offer – Stay Downtown
Be close to restaurants, local vendors, parks, picnic spots and the hottest hiking trails by booking your accommodations with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. When you take advantage of a summer package, you can get great rates on outdoor activities such as Balloons Above the Valley.
Book your Napa accommodations online for your family’s summer vacation by calling us at 707-226-1871.