The Tastiest Spots for Breakfast in Napa
From swirling your glass and taking that first sip of a decadent wine, to exploring the foodie delights that pair best with your white, red, or rosé, Napa is all about indulging your taste buds. A known hot spot of epicurean delights, wine country is nothing short of a culinary Mecca.
While any Napa visit is incomplete without exploring a few new restaurants, here are some of the popular picks to try your first meal of the day:
- Butter Cream Bakery: In business for over six decades, this café and diner serves all the classics, such as egg and sausage, fluffy stacks of pancakes, and fresh donuts. Expect some wait time to land a table and enjoy the fabulous pastries and hearty breakfast items at this forever vibrant and bustling spot. Our tip: Try the maple bars with crispy bacon on top. Simply sinful!
- Calistoga Roastery: A favorite day-starter in this area, Calistoga Roastery is a warm, inviting spot, ideal for a sit-down breakfast as well as a quick, grab-and-go morning. Their huge line up of pastries, muffins, bagels, quiche, scones and croissants are sure to win your hearts and tummies. Don’t miss their delicious, house-blended, fresh-roasted coffee, which is their ultimate crowd pleaser.
- Jax White Mule Diner: With locally sourced ingredients and a seasonally varying menu, this is a popular breakfast spot in the heart of downtown Napa. From the classic Eggs Benny and good old tater tots, to salads, steaks and burgers, their menu will not disappoint. If you are looking for a sweet shareable for the entire family, try one of their Beignets (house made donuts).
- Boon Fly Café: If you are heading to one of the Carneros wineries for a tour or tasting, make a breakfast halt at the Boon Fly Café. With its lively location, casual, contemporary ambience, and a long list of farm-to-table offerings, you will not want to leave. A visit here would be incomplete without trying their chicken and waffles, smoked salmon flatbread and mini cinnamon sugar donuts.
- Napa General Store: Don’t let its unusual name deceive you. This is actually a charming, Napa riverfront eatery, located in the historic Napa Mill complex. Soak up the scenic Napa River views from their covered patio seating, and enjoy a healthy, on-trend breakfast menu that focuses on local ingredients.
Excited to plan your gastronomic journey in Napa? While you select your favorite breakfast spots, think about staying in a convenient, central location that allows easy access to your culinary exploits. Book your accommodation at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, a quaint, boutique hotel in downtown Napa. Take advantage of our excellent location, and be just steps away from hundreds of shops, eateries, cafés, tasting rooms and other Napa attractions.
Enjoy a delightful foodie getaway on your next Napa Valley visit. Reserve your room online or call 707-226-1871 to confirm your booking. Don’t forget to check with us about our seasonal offers and discounts.