Safeway Open: Celebrate Golf, Food and Music in Napa Valley this October
All you golfing enthusiasts out there, what is your preferred style for enjoying this sport? Do you like watching the game on television with commentary about every angle and expert analysis of every shot? Or do you want to be in the thick of the action, where you can smell the fresh-cut grass, admire acres of green and feel the excitement close up? Now imagine if this sport is combined with world-class gastronomic delights, exquisite wine pairings and foot-tapping music in exotic Napa Valley. What more can you ask for!
A part of the PGA Tour FedExCup, the Safeway Open tournament celebrates golf, food and music in the rolling hills and stunning vineyards of the Napa region. This year, the tournament will be held from October 1-7 at the Silverado Resort and Spa. Here’s a list of fun things to do if you visit Napa during this event:
- Watch the Game: Arrive early and reserve a spot to watch the game ‘Parade-Style’. Take in the action near the back nine holes and get a better view of the players on the front nine. If you enjoy walking, you can watch the game ‘Cross-Country Style’ by following a particular player or group around the course. While the first two days of the game are closed to the public, from October 3-7, the gates will be thrown open to all spectators.
- Enjoy the Food and Spirits: Your tickets will include complimentary access to all the hospitality partners who are present around the course. You do not pay an additional cover charge.
- The Safeway Food & Wine Pavilion is the largest venue with a giant air-conditioned tent spread over 25,000 square feet. There will be two outdoor viewing decks if you wish to soak up the sun while savoring your meals. Choose from global cuisine that will be put together by world-renowned chefs, along with fine wine pairings for each meal.
- Make the most of the happy hour at Beer for Birdies, on the 16th They will offer discounted beer each time a player makes a birdie or eagle on the 16th hole, all day long.
- Enjoy a wide range of specialty cocktails at the Spirits Lounge located on the greenside of the 17th hole or choose from over a dozen beers on tap at The Brew Loft if you sit greenside on the par-3 11th hole.
- Sway to Foot-Tapping Music: The 2018 Safeway Open Concert Series has recently announced an impressive lineup of acclaimed musicians across genres. Watch Sammy Hagar and the Circle in action on October 4, catch one of the hottest global indie rock bands, Young The Giant on October 5, and on October 6, rock to upbeat music from the movies with the legendary Billy Idol. All concerts will be held on the Chevron Stage at the Silverado Resort and Spa. Note that tickets are for standing room only and lawn chairs will not be allowed.
While you make plans for the games and events that you wish to attend, consider booking your accommodation at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, a quaint boutique hotel in downtown Napa. At our central location, you will be steps away from all the buzz and excitement of the Safeway Open events. You can still enjoy a quiet stay without the excessive crowds and traffic of the main events.
Plan your fall getaway to match the dates of Safeway Open and enjoy an exciting combination of golf, food and music in Napa Valley this October. Book your room online or call us at 707-226-1871 to make a reservation.