While it is best known as wine country, not everyone that visits Napa is here for the wine. In fact, Napa Valley has plenty of exciting attractions and activities for non-wine drinkers too.
A few things you can try on your Napa vacation as a non-wine drinker:
- Winery Tours – Most wineries also cater to those that do not drink. They offer everything from educational tours to art-based activities. For example, the Cave Tour at Schramsberg or the medieval history tour at Castello Di Amorosa are some fun activities to participate in even if you don’t drink.
- Olive Oil Tasting – Are you a foodie at heart? Then you appreciate fine olive oils just as much as a wine connoisseur enjoys a well-aged red. From local olive oil shops to the mill found at the Round Pond, there are plenty of places to try some of the finest olive oils.
- Attend a Show – In January, there are plenty of shows kicking off to keep you entertained. Check out a performance at the Napa Valley Opera House or visit Silo’s for some nightly live music.
- Enjoy Napa from the Sky – Take in the drama of a bird’s-eye-view by taking a hot air balloon ride above wine country. Balloons Above the Valley offers fun sights, photo opportunities and a delicious brunch.
- Go on a Historical Train Ride – When visiting Napa, as a wine drinker or not, you can’t miss a ride on the Napa Valley Wine Train. You can eat great foods in antique train cars and visit local wineries. Do not forget to stop into the Western Railway Museum to view a collection of historic streetcars and electric trains gathered from around the country.
Take Advantage of Winter Lodging Specials for Vacations in Napa Valley
If you are planning a vacation to Napa, take advantage of special packages to make your trip more affordable. Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers convenient downtown lodging and winter packages that include train rides, balloon rides and a whole lot more.
Call 707-226-1871 to reserve your room or book your Napa hotel stay online.