Mother’s Day 2020—Celebrate Your Homemaker
With the current shelter-in-place orders in the state of California, most of us are practicing the recommended social distancing norms to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus. Whether it is birthdays, anniversaries, or other special occasions, every celebration is looking very different than usual. No wining and dining in fancy restaurants, no parties or get-togethers, and no outings or picnics in the park. Yet, this Mother’s Day (May 10, 2020), you can do something unique for mom. In fact, this year, every mother deserves more love and appreciation than ever before. Between addressing the kids’ e-classroom or homeschooling needs, catering to the always hungry family, and juggling her own work-from-home scenarios, she could really do with a day of complete care, relaxation, and pampering.
Here are some ideas to celebrate Mother’s Day, while following the shelter-in-place orders:
- Cook up a storm: Treat mom to breakfast in bed or a complete day of being away from the kitchen. Cook her favorite dishes and serve a cozy, at-home Sunday lunch for the entire family. If baking is your forté, make her some sweet treats. Even if you aren’t the expert chef at home, your attempt will be well worth the smile on her face.
- Exercise your green thumb: Use the occasion to do some planting or gardening with mom. If you have access to an outdoor space, soak up some fresh air and spend quality time together. Even if you do not have your own yard, pick out some old pots or cartons, paint or decorate them together with mom, and use them as indoor planters to sow some seeds.
- Collate memories: Been collecting tickets, photos, or other memorabilia from past trips and events? This Mother’s Day, start putting these pieces together with mom. Create a unique scrapbook of memories that she and you will treasure for years to come.
- Catch up on movies or shows: Mother’s Day could be the perfect time to binge-watch some shows or movies with mom. Dust off that box-set that you have been meaning to watch for years or find something on subscription platforms, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. Don’t forget to microwave a bag of popcorn for the at-home cine party!
- Let the creative juices flow: Embark on an art or craft project that mom would really enjoy. Need a little a nudge for your creative side? Choose from thousands of virtual art or craft workshops and sign up for a fun session, where you can learn or create something new together.
- Get into the mind and body zone: Is mom a fitness enthusiast? Bond with her over a virtual workout class for a great adrenaline fix. Need a more calming or relaxing workout? Sign up for an e-yoga or meditation session instead.
Brighten things up while celebrating Mother’s Day at home. When the situation improves, shelter-in-place orders are lifted, and moving around freely is safe again, take a trip to the scenic Napa Valley. From wine tastings, culinary indulgences, and adventure tours, to specialized shopping, wellness and relaxation, treat your mom to the many wonderful things that this region offers. While you visit, consider staying at the centrally-located Napa Valley Hotel and Suites to make the most of your itinerary. Our quaint boutique hotel will put you within walking distance of cafés, tasting rooms, eateries, and several other Napa attractions.
Stay safe and find unique ways to celebrate Mother’s Day 2020 at home. When it is time to plan your Napa visit, call us at 707-226-1871 or book your suite online.