Raining in Napa? Let it! You Can Still Make the Most of Your Trip
Is a sudden downpour or an updated forecast of non-stop rain making you feel gloomy about your Napa trip? Don’t worry! There is so much to see, do and experience here, that come rain or sunshine, you can always enjoy some fun activities in Napa Valley. Besides, even a gentle shower tends to instantly magnify Wine Country’s beauty and grandeur. The lush, rolling hills look greener and brighter, giving the entire region that wonderful ‘washed-clean’ feeling.
Despite any inclement weather, there is plenty you can do in Napa Valley. From visiting the various food halls, wineries and breweries, to shopping, dining, music and theatre, there is no shortage of options to choose from.
Here are the top 5 things to do in Napa when it rains:
- Indulge Your Taste Buds: In a region that is brimming with culinary delights, you will have no trouble finding delicious comfort foods. From Michelin-starred restaurants, to trendy burger pits, and quaint coffee shops, take your pick, and park yourself indoors for some time to enjoy a warm meal and drink.
- Relax and Revitalize: If you wake up to a lazy, rainy day in Napa, it may be the perfect time to head to one of the many spas or hot springs in the valley. Book a rejuvenating facial or massage, a luxurious mud bath, or a session of mineral water therapy. Napa’s indulgent spas take pampering to a whole new level.
- Appreciate Art, History, and Culture: Whether you are an art connoisseur, or simply love to admire art and architecture, you must visit wineries, such as Hall or The Hess Collection. You can also browse an enormous collection of art and artifacts at the Napa Valley Museum in Yountville. If history sparks your interest, don’t miss museums, such as the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum in St. Helena, and the Sharpsteen Museum in Calistoga. You can also explore the Uptown Theatre in downtown Napa and buy tickets to a live concert, comedy show, drama or dance performance.
- Sharpen a Few Skills: A rainy day could be an ideal opportunity to sign up for a culinary class, and the region offers plenty. Check out the classes available at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) campuses in Copia or Greystone, or the Silverado Cooking School in Napa. Most of the Napa wineries also schedule their own cooking or dessert-making classes, or wine-and food pairing workshops on a regular basis.
- Get Outdoors: You may be surprised at how exciting it is to be outdoors when it rains. Especially if you are aboard the elaborately restored vintage railcar of the Napa Valley Wine Train. Admire the scenic region as the historic train chugs along a 36-mile round trip, while making stops at celebrated Napa wineries, and serving a multi-course gourmet meal.
While the rains in Napa may be somewhat unpredictable, staying at a central location could significantly improve the quality of your trip. Consider booking your accommodation at a quaint, boutique hotel, such as Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our excellent location, warm hospitality, and proximity to local attractions will add comfort and convenience to your Napa visit.
Rain or no rain, get ready to make your Napa vacation truly fantastic. Complete your reservation online or call us at 707-226-1871.