Labor Day: Treat Yourself to the Delights of Napa Valley
Lazy days make us think most of the summer is ahead of us, but we’re about halfway through the season! It’s not too early to begin planning an end-of-summer Labor Day getaway to Napa Valley. Warm days, cool nights, and a bounty of relaxing activities create a perfect respite as you gear up for fall.
Here are a few of our favorite events happening on the Labor Day weekend, which starts Saturday, August 31st and continues through Monday, September 2nd.
- Summer Sunset at Rutherford Hill Winery. If you plan to arrive on Friday, here’s a great way to relax after your travel day. Enjoy a glass of delicious wine while enjoying one of the country’s most beautiful views. Summer sunset events happen Saturday and Sunday, too.
- JaMSessions Live Music at JaM Cellars. For a livelier Friday night, try the JaM Cellars for music, wine, and no cover charge.
- Napa Valley Farmers’ Market. Start your Saturday with a culinary adventure in the Napa Valley Farmers’ Market. Sample fresh coffee and pastries for breakfast and then stroll through the booths where vendors and artisans sell a variety of handmade foods and gifts.
- Picnic at Beringer Vineyards. Relax on the lawn with a picnic lunch and wine at Beringer Vineyards’ Summer Saturday Live Music event.
- Napa Valley Wine Train. End your day with a twilight dinner on a vintage train. The luxurious Vista Dome train offers a relaxing ride, beautiful views, and an exceptional dining experience.
- Balloons Above the Valley. Get an amazing look at Napa from the air with an early Sunday morning balloon ride, followed by a memorable champagne brunch.
- Carnivus Maximus MMXIX. Sunday marks the 10th anniversary of one of the top harvest parties in Napa. Taste new releases from Crocker & Starr while feasting on delectable local foods.
- Walking Tour of Downtown Napa. Wrap up your stay with a visit Napa’s Welcome Center where you can pick up a map to help you explore the historic beauty of downtown. Shop antiques, sample California cuisine, and take a break at one of the area’s wine bars.
Create warm and happy memories this Labor Day weekend with a trip to Napa Valley. Whether you want a quiet getaway or a lively adventure, you’ll find it here. Make your stay more enjoyable by booking with the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our central location in downtown Napa gives you easy access to all Napa has to offer. Here’s what our recent guests had to say:
“The hospitality of the team was so very nice!”
“A good place to rest and take a shower after a day of wine.”
“Clean and spacious hotel right in the middle of downtown Napa.”