All Set for the Holiday Season? Try Gift Shopping Napa Valley Style
As the year comes to an end, everything seems to move in fast-forward mode. Even before you put your Thanksgiving table décor away, it will be time to start prepping for the holiday season ahead. To top it all, the thought of gift shopping probably brings on images of crowded malls, parking woes, and traffic laden roads. This holiday season, why not take a break from the hectic routine and explore gift shopping in Napa Valley? In addition to spending time in the beautiful and charming valley towns, you could support local merchants, and buy unique items that will appeal to your loved ones.
Wine country’s shopping scene is far more diverse than you may think. While most wineries will ship exclusive bottles and cases home for you, there are 100s of other gift shopping possibilities in Napa Valley. From art and fashion, to gourmet foods and home décor, here are a few options to explore:
- Stocked with an impressive array of locally-crafted gift items, the Welcome Center Mercantile can be your one-stop-shop for a wide range of goods. Find unique artisanal products, including home goods, kitchen décor items, pottery, spices and rubs, and Napa Valley souvenirs, all under one roof.
- Get one-of-a-kind household items, cork and metal jewelry, and an assortment of other clever, handmade gifts at the Napa General Store in downtown Napa.
- Buy hats, scarves, specialty handbags, and wine-themed clothes for men and women at Funke’s in Calistoga.
- Looking for gourmet food baskets stocked with decadent chocolates, organic pastas, or vibrant spices? Find quintessential, west coast-inspired pantry items in decorative packaging at the Oakville Grocery in Oakville.
- For the finest organic honeys, head to Marshall’s Farm in American Canyon. From honey sticks and beeswax candles, to pure bottled honey and by the case, you will find a variety of items that meet your gift giving budget and criteria.
- If you want to gift a collection of Californian olive oils, explore Olive Press at the Oxbow Public Market, or Olivier in St. Helena.
- For exotic home accessories, garden tools, jewelry, and other gift items, check out Acres Home and Garden, or Napa Valley Vintage Home, both in St. Helena. You can also find exquisite vintage gifts at the Mad Mod Shop in Calistoga.
There are several other spots for books, art, body products, clothing, cigars, and more. Whether it is a shopping trip, or you simply want to pick up a few last-minute Christmas gifts, Napa Valley’s inspiring shops will truly add cheer to your gift shopping ritual. Maximize your time in Napa by staying at a centrally located, boutique hotel, such as Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Enjoy our excellent location, friendly staff and warm hospitality. We are known to bring convenience and comfort to your Napa visit.
See what our past guests have to say about their stay here:
- “Staff was helpful and friendly. Great location and clean and comfortable room.”
- “Great location, nice staff, good value for this upscale little town.”
- “Great location right in downtown Napa. Walking to breakfast, dinner, wineries, and the wine train was easy.”
Can’t wait to explore Napa’s holiday shopping scene? Call us at 707-226-1871 to book a room or complete your reservation online.