In addition to being home to some of the finest wineries in the world, Napa Valley offers a plethora of epicurean delights. For foodies, this region is a culinary mecca, where you can indulge your taste buds through a variety of exciting options. Use our simple guide to plan your gourmet expeditions:
- The Winery Culinary Circuit: Many of Napa’s wineries offer delicious culinary offerings and feature on-site cooking classes hosted by talented local chefs. Explore the extensive menu of the year-round cookouts held at Cakebread Cellars. Indulge in chef’s table lunches and dinners, as well as wine and food pairing education classes at the family-run Peju Enjoy a stylish wine and dine experience at the pairing events in spectacular locations such as B Cellars Vineyards and Winery or Merryvale.
- Culinary Schools and Classes: Book a baking or cooking demo, tastings or an exciting culinary boot camp at The Culinary Institute of America in Greystone. Enjoy hands-on cooking lessons in a state-of-the-art kitchen at the Silverado Cooking School. At Cooking with Julie, learn to cook up a storm with the valley’s produce, using legendary local ingredients.
- Foodie Tours: One of the best ways to explore Napa’s culinary scene is to book a food tour. Sample gourmet bites and delicious beverages at culinary hotspots in the Historic Downtown area, when you book a walking food tour through Foodies on Foot or Rooted Fork Foodie Tours.
- Farmers’ Markets: Visit the Oxbow Public Market located along the scenic Napa River. Featuring food stalls, artisan cafés and local produce, this 40,000 square foot market has emerged as a popular gathering place for foodies. Meet and mingle with other food and wine enthusiasts and sample tasty bites at this culinary haven.
- Food Trucks: Let your taste buds go wild with Napa’s food trucks. Enjoy the scrumptious offerings of Cousins Maine Lobster, Phat Salads and Wraps and the Cliff Family Bruschetteria Food Truck.
- Restaurants, Nightspots and Festivals: Napa Valley boasts of 7 Michelin-starred restaurants led by brilliant chefs who create custom menus based on their guests’ preferences. Try The Restaurant at Meadowood or La Toque. Experience wine country’s buzzing nightlife and sample mouthwatering food at the late-night restaurants such as Bounty Hunter Wine Bar and Smoking BBQ or Napkins Bar and Grill. Indulge your sweet tooth at Napa’s huge line-up of dessert places such as Sift Dessert Bar and Ca’Momi. Visit the valley during popular culinary festivals such as the Taste of Napa.
While you pick and choose various culinary outings for your wine country visit, book your accommodation at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, Napa’s best boutique hotel. With an excellent, central location in the downtown area, you will be right in the middle of Napa’s gastronomic attractions. Here’s what our guests have to say about their stay here:
- “Nice simple spot in the center of town.”
- “Great location and incredible staff.”
- “Not a bad word to say”
- “Great place to stay close to everything.”
Enjoy a delightful epicurean journey in Napa Valley. Book your room online or call us at 707-226-1871.