Father’s Day 2020— Ideas for Virtual Celebrations with Dad
Whether you live a block away from dad or across the seas, this Father’s Day (June 21, 2020) may be different from anything your family has experienced before. Amid the COVID-19 related lockdowns and shelter-in-place orders, families have to forego the special brunches, barbecues, golf outings, or surprise get-togethers that are organized to honor dads every year. No need to be disappointed! There are many other ways to celebrate all the fathers, grandfathers, and father figures in your life.
Sending dad a Father’s Day card and shipping him a personalized gift is always an option. Additionally, here are five ideas for a virtual Father’s Day celebration, while following social distancing guidelines for everyone’s safety:
- Host an online get-together: Nothing will please dad more than seeing the smiling faces of his loved ones. Get your family together over Meet, FaceTime, Zoom, Skype or any other virtual conferencing app that works for everyone. Ensure dad has an internet-connected device, and plan some games, quizzes, and other activities to add more fun to your virtual party.
- Indulge in your favorite shows: Did you know that with Google Chrome extensions, such as Netflix Party or Metastream, you can sync up your streaming content and watch your favorite movies, shows or concerts together with virtual friends? Try it out with dad, and don’t forget the popcorn!
- Make it a cook-a-thon: Does dad like to dabble in the kitchen? Choose from a slew of online cooking videos and cook the same meal together at the same time. Several celebrity chefs from Napa Valley’s elite wineries and restaurants are also offering virtual cooking classes or live demonstrations on Facebook and Instagram. Check out weekly events from Round Pond Estate, The Village, Pizzeria Travigne, Culinary Institute of America (CIA).
- Give virtual tourism a try: During and in the post COVID-19 era, almost everything that can happen virtually, will! Why not get ahead of this curve and indulge in a virtual tourism day with dad? Napa Valley’s picturesque town of Yountville is already offering immersive experiences, including virtual hot air balloon rides, art walks, winery tours and wine tasting events, and more.
- Play games: No matter what your dad’s favorite games are, you will probably find online versions of them. Whether it is Texas Hold’Em, 8 Ball Pool, Scattergories, Online Golf, Online Racing, or classics, such as Scrabble and Monopoly, get into a virtual play off for fun-filled gaming sessions with dad. Apps, such as Jackbox also offer plenty of game packs for the entire family.
There are still a few weeks before Father’s Day arrives. While you make plans for the online celebrations with dad, keep an eye on the regulations issued by your local authorities and public health experts. If the shelter-in-place orders are lifted, you can also plan a memorable retreat with dad to the stunning Napa Valley. When you bring dad to Napa, stay at the centrally-located Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our quaint boutique hotel will put you steps away from all the cafés, tasting rooms, eateries, and attractions in Napa.
Find safe and unique ways to make dad’s big day even more special. If you plan a last-minute Napa visit, call us at 707-226-1871 to reserve your suite or complete your booking online.