FAQs for First Time Visitors to Napa Valley
There is so much more to Napa Valley than wineries. As a first time visitor, you are most likely going to have a question (or more) about what there is to see. To help you get the most out of your first experience to wine country, here are some of the more common questions and answers about the hottest vacation spot in the country:
- When is the best time to visit? Summer is the time for crowds. If you want a more exclusive experience, spring time is always favorable. One of the best times, however, is the fall (September to October). The weather is perfect and you will come right around “crush” time, which means grapes are being harvested and the wineries are in full swing.
- Where should I stay? While you could stay in surrounding areas like Calistoga or Rutherford, the best place to stay is in downtown Napa. This cool, trendy spot puts you within walking distance to local attractions, eateries and wineries. Plus, downtown hotels offer exciting packages to help you get the most out of your stay.
- What are the best wineries? All wineries in Napa Valley are wonderful but you do not want to visit along with a crowd of other tourists. Instead, stick to some of the lesser traveled, like Beringer Vineyards, Domaine Chandon or Castello di Amorosa (if traveling with kids). Also, do not forget to visit Cakebread, Frog’s Leap (family-friendly) and Frank Family wineries.
- Where is the best place to eat? Just about anywhere downtown, you will find amazing cuisine presented by award-winning chefs. Some great places to try include The French Laundry, Mustards Grill, Bouchon Bistro, and Hog Island Oyster Bar.
- Is the wine train worth it? Absolutely! It is a great way to enjoy the sights and sounds of Napa Valley while sipping fine wine and making the most of gourmet food.
Stay in Downtown Napa
Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers you the perfect downtown stay. We are just two blocks from the local restaurants and attractions. We also offer packages that include a trip on the Wine Train so you can explore the valley in a memorable way.
Book your stay this year with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Give us a call at 707-226-1871.