One such example is Gallery 1870, a premier fine art gallery in the heart of wine country. It is located inside the V Marketplace in Yountville, and was voted the best art gallery in Napa Valley.
On your visit to Gallery 1870, be sure to check out these displays:
- The Contemporary Realism Exhibit: Napa Valley’s own Gail Chandler offers you an opportunity to go back in time and explore the quirky side of art. Her work is simple but exquisite. She pushes the boundaries of what defines contemporary art, and paints such realistic images that it is hard to look
- Old World Charm: See the Old World Master exhibit and find paintings that take you back to simpler, more rustic times.
- Watercolors Everywhere: Gallery 1870 has an extensive collection of watercolor paintings. These are breathtaking and so realistic, you might be shocked to find that they are made with simple watercolors. Numerous artists have their watercolor works on display, including Christensen and Chandler.
- Catch an Event: Gallery 1870 hosts numerous events throughout the year. Keep an eye on their events feed to see what you might find in July, including special exhibits, wine and cheese tastings, and art classes.
- Purchase Artwork: Everything on display in the Gallery 1870 room is for sale. You will find prices online as well as if you visit in-person. Pick up a Napa Valley inspired piece to take home with you.
While you are exploring the artwork of Napa Valley, come back to a comfortable stay at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our recently renovated boutique hotel offers you a convenient downtown location that is within walking distance to local galleries, restaurants, and tasting rooms.
Book a stay for your art tour of wine country by calling us at 707-226-1871 or reserve your room online.