Explore the Scenic Vistas of Napa River
The name Napa Valley will bring to your mind images of quaint towns, lush vineyards, and chic eateries serving eclectic cuisine, with award-winning wines. What may come as a surprise to some is that Napa Valley also features plenty of other attractions that cater to all ages. The 50-mile-long Napa River serves as an exciting backdrop for several recreational activities that you and your family can indulge in during your Napa Valley vacation.
Consider a few of these activities along and around the Napa River area.
- Stand-Up Paddling and Kayaking: Try stand up paddling and kayaking on Napa River with Napa Valley Paddle. To explore Napa River on your own, rent paddleboards and kayaks for as little as $25 per hour or $75 for an all-day rental.
- Napa River History Tour: Get a glimpse of the hidden gems and history of Napa Valley while kayaking along the Napa River as part of this 2-hour tour.
- Carneros Wildlife Preserve Kayak & SUP Adventure Tour: In this 4-hour guided tour, spot red-tail hawks, golden eagles, or migratory birds such as American green-winged teal, buffleheads, gadwalls and Canada geese in their natural habitat.
- San Pablo Bay Fishing Adventure tour: In this unique half day tour, experience guided, catch and release fishing, in a kayak or paddleboard, on the Napa River.
- Napa Living River Tour: This 2-hour guided tour gives you complimentary paddling or kayaking lessons and scenic views of and from the river. At the end of the tour, you get to sample a few local wines, along with a charcuterie and cheese platter.
- Walk, Run, or Bike along the Napa Riverfront: The scenic and vibrant Napa Riverfront features an array of shopping, dining, and entertainment in the heart of downtown Napa. Enjoy a leisurely walk, a bike ride, or an adrenaline-pumping run along the waterfront promenade. Choose from a wide range of bikes at the Napa Valley Bike Rentals.
To explore Napa River’s recreational activities from the convenience of a central location, book a room at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our quaint boutique hotel is located in downtown Napa within walking distance from the Napa Riverfront.
See what our guests have to say about their stay here:
- “Very clean room, great location, super helpful staff …”
- “A convenient, pleasant, affordable, attractive place to stay in downtown Napa.”
- “What we really liked was the location. You’re really near to the riverfront where there are lots of lovely places to eat and drink.”
Enjoy an activity-filled Napa Valley vacation. Reserve your room online or call us at 707-226-1871.