Enjoy the Top 5 Napa Attractions on Foot
When you think of wine country, your mind is filled with images of rolling green hills, picturesque valleys and stunning wineries offering up award-winning wines and exquisite food pairings. However, if you are in the mood for a somewhat different experience, Napa Valley has plenty of other activities and attractions that cater to visitors of all ages. In fact, downtown Napa promises heaps of history and culture against the backdrop of the beautiful Napa River. A lively riverside promenade, charming Victorian architecture, chic eateries, and a buzzing nightlife are just some of the highlights of this part of town.
Plan your downtown stay at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites in a convenient, central location that puts you within walking distance of the top attractions in the area. Once you check in with us, park your car, leave your traffic woes behind and explore a host of activities on foot.
Here are our top 5 picks and they are only a short walk from the hotel.
- Sign Up For a Walking Tour: Enjoy a 2-hour long, informative stroll to relive Napa Valley’s history across different eras, including the Native American, Spanish Ranchos, Gold Rush, Victorian, Prohibition, WWII and more. Discover ornate historic homes, visit the Art Deco-styled Uptown Theatre and hear stories about Napa’s famous personalities, such as its founder, Nathan Coombs. Tours are available daily at 9.30 a.m. from the corner of Main Street and Fifth Street. You can walk there in just 5 minutes from the hotel.
- Visit the Oxbow Public Market: A favorite gathering spot amongst Napa locals, this fascinating 40,000-square foot, indoor market has much to offer for foodies and wine enthusiasts. Walk to the market in about 10 minutes and let your taste buds go wild as you sample bites from the exotic food stalls and artisan cafés. Don’t miss the opportunity to mingle with the locals and other food lovers in this cheery and vibrant marketplace.
- Shop at Napa Valley Traditions: Just a 6-minute walk from the hotel, discover the most charming and funky finds at downtown Napa’s favorite gift shop. From handbags, jewelry and candles, to tableware and local jams and jellies, ‘Napa Valley Traditions’ offers plenty of attractive bargains. Pick up a few goodies that will remind you of Napa for years to come.
- Enjoy a Musical Evening at Blue Note Napa: Just around the block from the hotel, a 4-minute walk will lead you to the magnificent building of the Napa Valley Opera House. In addition to live music, dances and theatrical performances, the building hosts the Blue Note jazz club, where national and international artists perform every night. Why not enjoy an intimate evening of jazz and blues, while you are in Napa?
- Get a Taste at Vintner’s Collective: Although winery tours may be on your agenda, don’t miss the experience of visiting a tasting room, such as the Vintner’s Collective Napa Valley. Sniff, swirl, sip and shop unique wines, made by 25 of Napa’s small producers in this 1875-built heritage building. The walk there is about 7 minutes, from the hotel.
When it comes to location, nothing beats our quaint, boutique hotel, in the heart of downtown Napa.
Ready to book your stay with us? Reserve your room online or call us at 707-226-1871.