Does the long break between winter and summer have you dreaming of a short day or weekend trip getaway? Experts agree that even short trips away from our daily routines and responsibilities can do wonders for our mood and reduce overall stress levels.
Here’s a sampling of top things to do in Napa to make the most of your day:
- Start the day off with a delicious breakfast or brunch if you’ve slept in (good for you!). Many of downtown Napa’s thirty or more restaurants are all set to serve early birds – and you’re going to need your energy! Try the Alexis Baking Company for fresh baked goods or the Napa General Store for their signature homemade granola and chocolate beignets while enjoying a view of the Napa River.
- Ready for a little shopping? Downtown is a special place to browse antiques, jewelry, home furnishings and unique crafts as well as art.
- It’s time for a California lunch at one of Napa Valley’s excellent dining options. From fine dining with white tablecloths to picnics packed and ready, you’ll find exactly what you want in our downtown district’s foodie world. See a complete list of your Napa lunch restaurant options.
- Walk off lunch with a self-guided tour through the historic sites of Napa – with more pre-1906 structures than in any other Bay area city. Start at the Napa Valley Welcome Center (600 Main Street) for a map.
- Take a break and have a seat at one of the Napa Valley wine tasting bars where you can sample rare and special wines from Napa Valley and around the world. Purchase a Taste of Napa Wine Card ($25) for tastings at participating establishments for as little as 10 cents.
Call us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites or reserve your room online. We can help you with reservations, maps, and more to make your day or weekend getaway in Napa Valley full and exciting. Call 707-226-1871 for more details and pricing.