Nothing lights up the holidays like…you guessed it—the lights! Cities illuminate with brilliant colors, and it adds a touch of joy to the world. Once the holiday season is over, the lights go away. Luckily, you can still soak up the colorful cheer by attending the Napa Lighted Art Festival as part of your New Year celebration.
What is the Napa Lighted Art Festival?
Each year, the Napa Lighted Art Festival kicks off in downtown Napa in the Oxbow District. You will see eight to ten original pieces of illuminated artwork for nine days, starting January 12th and running until January 20th.
While you are strolling the streets checking out the art, there are a few other things to catch as part of the event, including:
- The Symposium Series: Join the day and evening discussions surrounding topics like art, the technology of projections, stained glass, and light. You can enjoy great food while you are at the Symposium Series too.
- Art After Dark with RAD: The Rails Art District (RAD) hosts their murals at night. Walk along the Vine Trail between Jackson Street and Vallejo Street to see the latest artwork that glows at night.
- Live Music: Catch live performances during the festival on the street along with local clubs, wine tasting rooms, and restaurants in the Oxbow District.
- Lantern Parade: In Veteran’s Park on January 18th at 6:30 pm, catch the Lantern Parade where you can create a lantern and then participate in the walk through the art and installations throughout downtown.
- Night Bloom: In Oxbow Commons on January 13th and 20th at 7:00 pm, and January 12th and 19th at 7:00 pm, you can see the hot air balloons on display as part of the artwork.
Be within walking distance of the art festival, music, and great food by staying at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites at the Napa River. We are just a few blocks from the Oxbow District, which makes it the perfect option if you want to enjoy the festivities without having to struggle for parking.
Reserve a room online now or call us at 707-226-1871. Check out our packages and see if you can save even more on your Napa visit.