Celebrate Spring in Napa Valley with Golf, Tennis, Hiking, and more
Got spring fever? We sure do. While Napa Valley is well known for its world class wines, those craving some fresh air and sunshine can grab their golf clubs, tennis rackets, and hiking shoes and head to Napa Valley. Here you’ll find some of the best outdoor adventures in California.
Championship golf courses and even expert instruction can be found here:
- Silverado Resort and Spa for golf and tennis – the course was redesigned by PGA Hall of Famer Johnny Miller.
- Chardonnay Golf Club with over 150 acres of vineyards and an 18-hole golf course—you get golf with a gorgeous view.
Tennis courts can be found at the Napa Valley College Tennis Courts, which are open to the public when not being used by students.
Stay with us at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites and you’ll be close to all the spring time festivities and outdoor fun in Napa Valley.
If hiking is your idea of getting out of doors for the spring time, then Napa Valley is the ideal place. You can hike all morning, then enjoy a lazy afternoon of nibbling and sipping your way through the wineries after.
Some of the nearby hiking trails include:
- Stevenson Memorial Trail – a five mile trail in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park leads to the top of Mount St. Helena and gives hikers the option of a two-mile round trip.
- If you like something to look at on your hike, try the Bale Grist Mill State Historical Park. Once the center of social activity in Napa Valley – where settlers gathered to have their corn and wheat ground – the owner of the mill was Dr. Edward Turner Bale.
- The Oat Hill Mine Trail offers a few options with spectacular views of the valley and the Aetna Springs. Alternating thick forest canopy with wide grasslands gives hikers a sense of the real outdoors.
Call us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites to reserve your room and find relief for your spring fever. Call 707-226-1871 for more details and pricing.