Celebrate Labor Day Weekend in Legendary Napa Valley
The unofficial end of summer and the last big holiday before a new school year begins. Labor Day weekend either spells chaotic, last-minute preparations for families with young kids, or complete relaxation for others. If you are looking to escape the hectic, pre-school frenzy and packed malls and restaurants at your hometown, why not head to the rolling green hills of Napa Valley? Make the most of the mild temperatures, sample a range of culinary delights and soak in the early harvest season’s bounty.
This year, September 2-4 is Labor Day weekend. Here are some options for you to consider if you want to spend this time in Napa Valley.
- Grape Stomping: Grgich Hills Estate in St. Helena is among the handful of Napa wineries that feature grape stomping experiences. Every year, they throw their doors open for this unique offering from the beginning of September. Kick off your shoes, roll up your sleeves, stomp on the grapes and then etch your stained feet on souvenir t-shirts. The winery also offers free sampling of three different wines at the end of the stomping session.
- Cycling in the Vineyards: With Napa Valley Bike Tours, grab a chance to ride through private vineyards and enjoy gorgeous views. Cycle at a leisurely pace and make frequent stops to learn more about the ‘vineyard to bottle’ process. Your friendly tour guide will also emphasize unique aspects of the surrounding scenery and help you discover exciting locally-made wines.
- Harvest Feast: Towards the end of summer, wine country is abuzz with harvest related activities. Wineries in the area host annual bashes and crush parties through September and October. This year, on September 3, from noon to 4 p.m., attend the Crocker & Starr Wines’ annual harvest celebration, Carnivus Maximus. Sample some rare library wines, enjoy award-winning cuisine and dance to live music by the rock n’ roll band, Sow Belly Trio. The winery also hosts numerous games, photo booth fun and a grand raffle to ensure that you and your loved ones spend a memorable Labor Day weekend in wine country.
- Farmers’ Markets: Browse through thousands of food stalls, vintage and modern goods and artisan cafés at the sprawling Oxbow Public Market in the heart of downtown Napa. Being a favored gathering spot of foodies, you can mingle with other like-minded individuals while you sample tasty bites and wines at this vibrant local market.
There are many other activities on Labor Day weekend in Napa Valley. To make the most of your time while exploring local attractions, book your room in Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, Napa’s best boutique hotel. With our excellent, central location in the downtown area, you are within a short walk from restaurants, cafés, tasting rooms and spas. Our friendly guest relations staff is always happy to offer suggestions and help you plan your stay in Napa.
See what past guests have to say about their stay here:
- “A gem of a find.”
- “Three palms, five stars.”
- “This is an absolutely great find in the heart of downtown Napa.”
- “Great location and staff.”
Beat the last minute rush and book your stay for the Labor Day weekend at our hotel today. Reserve your Napa hotel room online or call us at 707-226-1871.