Summer is here, school’s out and you are already making the most of long, bright days of fun and family time. Take a moment to just close your eyes and imagine that ideal summer getaway. Feel the warm breeze, smell the delicious barbecued food, sip on chilled, fruity beverages and feast your eyes on unending expanses of lush green wineries. If your mind is drifting to the beautiful sights and smells of wine country, why not plan a short getaway to Napa Valley this season?
Pack your bags, lather your sunscreen and dive into the exciting valley of rolling hills and stunning sunsets. Here are our top 5 picks on what to do during your summer vacation in Napa Valley:
- Summer Festivals: Wine country has an active calendar of festivals running throughout the summer months. Try to plan your vacation around one of these events. Experience Napa’s exciting culinary delights and enjoy performances across a variety of music genres including jazz, rock, country, pop and folk. Check out the dates for Festival Napa Valley, Robert Mondavi Winery Concerts, Music in the Vineyards Festival, Blues, Brews and BBQ, and many more.
- Napa River Activities: Napa River features a host of attractions that cater to all ages. Enjoy a family outing practicing your stand-up paddling and kayaking skills or enlist for a guided catch and release fishing Watch Napa’s hidden gems and learn about wine country’s history while kayaking on the river, as part of a 2-hour guided Napa River History Tour.
- Napa’s Finest Produce and Talent: Experience Napa’s freshest produce in a farm-to-table environment and shop for cool, quirky creations by local artisans at the Napa Farmer’s Market. Open twice a week, this lively market buzzes with stalls for fruits, vegetables, flowers and meats offered by over 40 different local farms. Enjoy chef demos and let your kids soak in dozens of entertainment activities at this vibrant venue.
- Hike and Bike: With miles of walking and biking trails throughout wine country, you and your children have plenty of options to enjoy the verdant valley and warm sunshine. Check out the beautiful trails with Napa Native Tours. Or, hire bikes, pack a picnic lunch and take a self-guided bike tour along the gorgeous signature routes.
- Kid-Friendly Wineries: Just because you are traveling with kids, you don’t have to miss out on the stunning vineyards and exquisite tastings that wine country offers. There are several kid-friendly wineries that feature entertainment activities, large picnic grounds, on-site attractions and child-friendly tasting rooms with grape juice or orange juice for the minors. Check out Castello di Amorosa, Frog’s Leap and Sattui Winery, among others.
Plan an unforgettable wine country retreat with your family and loved ones this summer. Consider booking accommodations at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites for its central location in historic downtown Napa. Our proximity to top attractions make us an excellent choice for your Napa vacation. Our accommodation is pet-friendly, so feel free to bring your canine family members with you on your summer break.
Call us at 707-226-1871 or book your suite online in time for your summer vacation 2018.