5 Ways to Enjoy Your Napa Valley Wine Tasting Experience
Napa Valley is known around the world as a destination for fantastic wines and gorgeous views. Every winery offers unique approaches and benefits to tourists looking to learn more. Whether you prefer to indulge in a glass of sauvignon blanc or merlot, Napa has a winery that will feature your favorite blends. With so many great options, it can be challenging to narrow down your selection and make the most of your visit.
Use these 5 tips to make your winery visit a relaxing, memorable, and enjoyable experience in Napa:
- Do Some Research – Whether you are looking for sprawling views and sightlines or are very serious about the types of wine you want to taste, you need to find the right winery for your interests. If you enjoy history, the process, or the natural landscape of wineries, there are different options that will highlight what appeals to you the most.
- Take a Tour – If you want to skip the research and planning and let someone else take care of the details and transportation, consider joining a wine tour. Some options are customizable, while others are pre-set itineraries. Whatever your preference or style, you will be able to sit back and focus on the wine while a tour guide and driver get you where you need to go.
- Be Prepared – If you enjoy wine, but have never been to a winery before, it can be intimidating when people start to swish, swirl, and smell their glasses. Do a little research beforehand so that you are prepared to taste every note in the wine and avoid feeling awkward. The basic steps? Swirl the glass, sniff the wine, take a sip, swish in your mouth, spit it out gently, or swallow. Be sure to have water along the way if you choose to swallow!
- Stay Central – Many of the most beautiful wineries are outside of downtown Napa, but booking your stay within the downtown area will provide great options for dinner, nightlife, and shopping. Even if winery tours and visits are likely to dominate your itinerary, staying in the center of it all will ensure you have options and easier access to all the hot spots on your list.
- Enjoy Great Meals – Although wine steals the show on many tables, downtown Napa also has a thriving food scene that offers a range of flavors, cooking styles, and talented professional chefs. Don’t forget to leave time to eat before and after your wine tasting! Some wineries also offer meals, so be sure to inquire ahead. Leave enough time in your itinerary to get the best tastes from glass to plate and enjoy all that the area has to offer.
Enjoy Your Visit to the Wineries and Stay at a Boutique Hotel in Napa
Set the dates for your trip and book a hotel in downtown Napa for a convenient location to base yourself as you explore. Napa Valley Hotel and Suites combines a central location, great facilities, and customer-friendly services to make your visit enjoyable. You will have the perfect place to rest and relax after sampling the region’s finest wines.
Make your reservation by calling 707-226-1871 today or book your room at our Napa boutique hotel online.