January 30th, 2016
What could be more romantic than escaping to wine country for Valentine’s Day? From the beautiful landscape to hotels and spas, you can plan the perfect romantic vacation in Napa.
Some ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day here in Napa:
- Wine Train – The Napa Valley Wine Train offers a romantic Valentine’s Day experience for couples. You will enjoy a multi-course gourmet meal, a glass of sparkling wine and a three-hour journey through wine country.
- Create Your Own Wine Together – The Fontanella Family Winery lets you create your own one-of-a-kind special wine blend. If you love it, you can even order a case to enjoy through the year.
- Enjoy a Romantic Dinner – There are plenty of fine dining establishments here in downtown Napa, but we suggest you try Angele, Auberge du Soleil, La Toque, or Morimoto Napa for your romantic night together.
- After Dinner Entertainment – After your romantic meal, stop in at Silo’s for live music or catch a show at the Napa Valley Opera House.
Stay Downtown to Access Valentine’s Day Festivities
Instead of staying on the outskirts, stay in the heart of it all by booking a luxury suite at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our premier lodging establishment is located within walking distance to some of the biggest Valentine’s Day events, so you do not have to worry about parking. We even offer romantic packages for the lovebirds enjoying our accommodations for Valentine’s.
Book your stay online for Valentine’s Day with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Or give us a call at 707-226-1871.
January 22nd, 2016
While it is best known as wine country, not everyone that visits Napa is here for the wine. In fact, Napa Valley has plenty of exciting attractions and activities for non-wine drinkers too.
A few things you can try on your Napa vacation as a non-wine drinker:
- Winery Tours – Most wineries also cater to those that do not drink. They offer everything from educational tours to art-based activities. For example, the Cave Tour at Schramsberg or the medieval history tour at Castello Di Amorosa are some fun activities to participate in even if you don’t drink.
- Olive Oil Tasting – Are you a foodie at heart? Then you appreciate fine olive oils just as much as a wine connoisseur enjoys a well-aged red. From local olive oil shops to the mill found at the Round Pond, there are plenty of places to try some of the finest olive oils.
- Attend a Show – In January, there are plenty of shows kicking off to keep you entertained. Check out a performance at the Napa Valley Opera House or visit Silo’s for some nightly live music.
- Enjoy Napa from the Sky – Take in the drama of a bird’s-eye-view by taking a hot air balloon ride above wine country. Balloons Above the Valley offers fun sights, photo opportunities and a delicious brunch.
- Go on a Historical Train Ride – When visiting Napa, as a wine drinker or not, you can’t miss a ride on the Napa Valley Wine Train. You can eat great foods in antique train cars and visit local wineries. Do not forget to stop into the Western Railway Museum to view a collection of historic streetcars and electric trains gathered from around the country.
Take Advantage of Winter Lodging Specials for Vacations in Napa Valley
If you are planning a vacation to Napa, take advantage of special packages to make your trip more affordable. Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers convenient downtown lodging and winter packages that include train rides, balloon rides and a whole lot more.
Call 707-226-1871 to reserve your room or book your Napa hotel stay online.
January 12th, 2016
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city, escape the to-do list and enjoy a relaxing, rejuvenating vacation in Napa Valley. Napa is home to some of the best mineral springs, spas, massage therapists, and more. It’s all here waiting to envelope you in luxury and help you forget the worries back home.
To make the most of your Napa winter vacation this year, we recommend visiting:
- The Hot Springs at Dr. Wilkinson’s – Here you will find a separate men’s and women’s spa area. They offer a variety of spa treatments, including mineral water tubs, mud baths, steam rooms, blanket wraps, massages, etc.
- The Spa at Silverado – This wellness spa is designed to undo the stress of a hectic daily routine. Whether you seek a massage, skin treatment or mud bath, the experts at Silverado make you feel as though you are a VIP customer each time you visit.
- Spa Solage – Here you will find traditional mud baths, mineral water therapies, a custom mud bar, and state-of-the-art vibration massage chairs. Their facials are considered ‘legendary’ and you will leave feeling instantly radiant and relaxed!
- Meritage Spa – This cave-like sanctuary is famous for their scrubs and facials that use antioxidant grapeseed extract, something that is rather plentiful in Napa Valley. You can even order special lip butters, healing balms and handmade soaps to take home.
Stay at a Luxury Hotel for True Relaxation
At Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, we want you to be completely relaxed and refreshed. Our luxurious accommodations are perfect for that. Our downtown location lets you walk to local restaurants, catch a facial, go for a massage, and come back soon to relax. While the ladies go to the spa, the men can also catch a few rounds of golf with our winter packages.
Book your Napa hotel stay online and call 707-226-1871 for more information about spas in the area.
January 4th, 2016
If you live somewhere other than sunny California, you may be considering a quick escape from your hometown’s wintry conditions. Napa Valley is the perfect place to get away and enjoy winter vacations that offer something exciting for everyone. From culinary delights for foodies to Segway tours for the adventurous to hiking in Napa Valley, there is plenty to see and do here.
Here are just a few things you can look forward to on your winter vacation in Napa Valley:
- Less Tourists – Winter is definitely an off-season for wine country, but not in a bad way. It simply means that you will not be fighting for hotel space, tickets or bumping elbows with tourists at every turn. In fact, you will be mingling more with the locals and enjoying a relaxed getaway.
- Catch the Truffle Festival – The Napa Truffle Festival happens each year in January and if you are visiting in the winter, you must try to catch it. Indulge to your heart’s content in these gourmet seminars, tastings and even cooking lessons. For 2016, the Truffle Festival starts January 15th and runs until the 18th.
- Napa Valley Restaurant Month – Perfect for the foodies enjoying a winter vacation! All through January, you can sip, savor and take in the fine wines and foods of Napa Valley. During Restaurant Month, you will get access to unique dining opportunities, special menus and special wine releases.
Enjoy A Winter Vacation and Save with Lodging Specials at a Boutique Hotel
Take advantage of the less crowded streets and not having to wait in line for tickets or reservations. Consider staying at a downtown Napa hotel and be within walking distance to many of the area attractions. Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers lodging specials and packages perfect for winter visitors.
Make an inexpensive trip and book your holiday this winter with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites today. Call us at 707-226-1871 or make your Napa hotel reservations online.
December 29th, 2015
Take it back to the days of surf, sand and great music with the Beach Boys. This January 23rd, the Beach Boys will be performing at Napa’s own Uptown Theater. It is an event that you do not want to miss; especially if you want to celebrate the true start of pop and rock music.
Tickets are selling fast for this iconic event, but we recommend looking into the VIP pass to get even more, such as:
- One hour Club Kokomo Lounge Pre-Show
- Access to the VIP-only SoundCheck at 6:00pm
- Photograph with the Beach Boys
- Autographed laminate USB with two albums from The Beach Boys
The event is family-friendly too, so while you are visiting Napa, you and your family can enjoy great music and have some family fun.
Before the event, take advantage of Uptown Theater’s excellent location and eat at one of the many downtown area restaurants, including:
- 1313 Main – Looking for a bistro experience? 1313 Main features excellent wines and gourmet food that are as breathtaking to look at as they are tasty to eat.
- Azzurro Pizzeria – If you are attending the event with family, get your pizza fix at Azzurro. They have a full line of unique appetizers and even some truly delicious dessert pizzas.
- Morimoto Napa – If you are a fan of The Food Network, then you know who chef Morimoto is. Now you can taste his fare and feasts on Main Street at Morimoto Napa.
Stay in Downtown Napa for Easier Access to the Show
Instead of having to drive or deal with traffic, why not stay downtown? Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers a boutique hotel experience in the heart of downtown Napa. We are within walking distance to Napa attractions, including the famous Uptown Theater as well as the local eateries, so you can wine, dine, catch a show and come back to relax right here with us.
Book your stay for The Beach Boys with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Give us a call at 707-226-1871.
December 21st, 2015
Whether it is your New Year’s resolution to learn to cook or you are looking for that perfect last-minute gift for the foodie in the family, Napa has plenty of culinary events to choose from.
Just a few that you will find especially attractive include:
- CIA Taste – This is the ideal place for those passionate about food and wine. Here you will attend a cooking and wine pairing class, taste food at their award-winning restaurant and enjoy tours of the commercial kitchen.
- Enjoy a Gourmet Retreat – Gourmet Retreat offers hands-on cooking classes and personalized cooking instruction from a master chef. You can select single day courses or opt for something more extensive up to five days. Classes are tailored to meet just about every culinary experience level.
- Cakebread Cellars – Cakebread Cellars offers cooking classes year-round including their outdoor BBQ classes, wine pairing, cheese courses, and more. All of their classes are hands-on, so come ready to cook.
- Cooking with Julie – Learn true Napa Valley cuisine with personalized cooking classes.
- Culinary Getaways – Experience the delightfulness of Napa Valley’s food history and sign up for tastes of different regions, including Tuscany and Paris.
Stay in Napa for Your Culinary Event
Why limit your getaway to only a day trip? Take advantage of the opportunity for a mid-week getaway or even a weekend away. These culinary events give you the perfect excuse to stay in Napa Valley. Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers a variety of packages at our boutique downtown hotel so that you can truly enjoy your culinary experience in wine country.
Book your Napa hotel stay online or call 707-226-1871 for more information.
December 20th, 2015
Christmas Eve Winery Tours in the Napa Valley
The gifts are wrapped. Your office is closed. You’re ready to enjoy your Christmas holiday with family and friends. The good news is you don’t have to wait for Christmas to celebrate. Why not kick the festivities off with a relaxing day touring some of the area’s finest wineries on Christmas Eve day?
Founded in 1876, Beringer Vineyards is located in the historic district and offers incredible tours of the large property including, of course, wine tastings. For an extra special treat, ask about the Legacy Cave Tour. Tours are usually approximately 30 minutes. The Taste of Beringer tour is $45 per person and the Legacy Cave Tour is $30 per person. It is recommended you make reservations.
Chimney Rock Winery
The Chimney Rock Winery is dedicated to sustainable business practices and specializes in a world-class Cabernet Sauvignon. Other estate reds and whites are also very popular. The winery is open from 10am until 3pm on Christmas Eve. Make a reservation for a tour and then shop for a last-minute gift set.
You’ll find Acacia Vineyards open from 10am until 2pm on Christmas Eve day. They over a wide variety of tasting options each day and are open to the public. You must have an appointment, though, so be sure to call and reserve your spot in this off-the-beaten track destination.
Merryvale Vinayards will be open from 10am until 3pm on Christmas Eve day as well. Their tours combine history with fun and great wine – all in an elegant atmosphere you won’t soon forget. Wine Club Members are hosted in a semi-private space, too. Contact them today to talk about their different tastings and to make reservations. You’ll certainly enjoy a relaxing day here.
Chateau Potelle Winery
The Chateau Potelle Winery is open from 10am until 2pm on Christmas Eve and now features a brand new tasting house and garden. The new tasting house was designed to be elegant in atmosphere with an attention to detail. Make sure you call for reservations for either indoor or outdoor seating, or to book a tour.
Want to try other wineries as well? Ask your Napa hotel concierge for help. He’ll be able to guide you in the right direction and you’re bound to have an incredible holiday season in the valley!
December 16th, 2015
Downtown Napa Culinary Crawl –December 2015 Edition
Looking for something exciting to break up your week? Make sure you check out the Downtown Napa Culinary Crawl – A Walking Food and Wine Tour on Thursday, December 17th. It’s better than a 5k, and better than your standard beer crawl – rolling all of the great things we love about Napa into an incredible holiday experience.
What is the Downtown Napa Culinary Crawl?
It’s the experience of the season, of course, as well an opportunity to check out some of the area’s incredible wine tasting rooms and restaurants. All of the restaurants on this year’s tour are within walking distance of each other. The tour is also made extra fun with contests and prizes at each location. This year the tour will take you to Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ, Ca’ Momi (their new location on First Street), and Angele Restaurant + Bar.
For a little bit of added fun, be sure to wear your favorite ugly holiday sweater. The most festive (or ugliest) will earn a prize at the end of the night.
The Fine Details
The holiday edition of the Downtown Napa Culinary Crawl will begin at Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ shop. You’ll need to be there at 5pm to join the group and start the crawl. Tickets purchased in advance are $30. They are $45 if you purchase them at the door. The event ends at 8:30pm.
Can’t make it to this particular crawl? The good news is that culinary crawls are a regular event, so you can usually find a new one happening every couple of months, exploring new and different locations. Grab your tickets to this one or start planning for the next. Either way, you’re guaranteed a fun evening in Downtown Napa.
Looking for something else? Can’t make it to this event? Ask your Napa hotel concierge to help you find a local event happening during your visit. There are plenty of opportunities to explore Napa!
December 13th, 2015
New Year’s is the perfect opportunity for the wine lover, especially if you spend it in Napa Valley. From the local wineries going all out for the celebration to the iconic Wine Train, there is plenty to do as you ring in the New Year in wine country.
Here is a quick idea-list of what you can enjoy for New Year’s:
- Attend a New Year’s Dinner Event – Most of the big name wineries will be hosting New Year’s dinner and wine tasting events in and outside of Napa. A few to check out include the Westin Verasa and La Toque Red Tie Affair, the 1313 Main five-course dinner and the Meritage Resort and Spa’s four-course meal event.
- Attend a Ball – Castello di Amorosa hosts their annual New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball that includes a wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres and a five-course dinner.
- Napa Valley Wine Train – For New Year’s, the Napa Valley Wine Train hosts their countdown that includes caviar, sparkling wines, a DJ, gourmet food and a three and a half hour journey on the wine train.
Find the Best Holiday Packages at Our Boutique Hotel
Napa Valley Hotel and Suites offers premier downtown Napa lodging for anyone attending local New Year’s events. When you stay with us, you can enjoy larger rooms, free parking and the perfect place to relax after a night of festivities.
Book your New Year’s stay with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites today. Call us at 707-226-1871 or make your Napa hotel reservations online.
December 5th, 2015
The holidays can, ironically, be quite stressful. From shopping to planning out holiday events and even decorating, you can end up tired quickly. Why not skip some of the chaos and plan a mid-week getaway to Napa just before the holidays? Not only is it the perfect place to unwind, but also the ideal place to get a little last-minute Christmas shopping done too.
A few places we recommend for your shopping adventure include:
- Alice’s Napa Vintage Market – Looking for a true vintage treasure to give to someone that collects? Alice’s is the perfect place to start. You can find treasured antiques, refinished pieces, and so much more in a single location.
- Anette’s Chocolates – Give the gift of a sugar rush by picking up some gourmet truffles and confections from Anette’s.
- Boho Lifestyle – Know someone who loves the Bohemian Chic look? Boho Lifestyle is the perfect place to pick up accessories and Bohemian-inspired clothing; including some unique items you cannot find anywhere else.
- Lucero Olive Oil – For the foodie or cook in your life, pick up gourmet California olive oils, balsamic, spices, and more at Lucero’s.
Take Advantage of Mid-Week Specials
Hotels in Napa book fast on the weekends, but may be lighter during the week. You can take advantage of mid-week specials at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites to save on your much-needed getaway. Enjoy reduced rates, luxurious suites and be within walking distance to the best shopping that Napa has to offer.
Call 707-226-1871 to reserve your room or book your Napa hotel stay online with Napa Valley Hotel and Suites for a quick mid-week getaway.