Did You Know…? Five Fun Wine Facts and Figures
Appreciating fine Napa Valley wine is more than an enjoyable hobby for most. Some wine connoisseurs live and breathe by the grape…offering the rest of us some fun facts and quirky notions:
Five Fun Facts about Wine:
- California is the leading wine producing state in the US – We make more than 90 percent of the wine in the country.
- California ranks #1 in wine consumption in the United States! Californians consume nearly 1 of every 5 bottles of wine purchased in the US.
- Wine is good for the waistline? Believe it or not, one glass of wine contains approximately 80 to 100 calories only, is fat free and has no cholesterol.
- It takes approximately six to eight clusters of grapes to make a single bottle of wine! That equals 600 to 800 grapes!
- Chardonnay is the top selling type of wine, followed by Merlot, White Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Want to know how many bubbles are in a sparkling bottle of champagne? Visit Napa Valley to discover the answer and sample some of Napa’s famous wines. Begin your wine adventure at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Book your room now by calling us at 707-226-1871.