Napa is home to vineyards and wine, but also some of the most amazing contemporary art galleries. If you are an art lover and appreciate the style of contemporary arts, there are a few galleries you can sneak away to visit and get your art fix in between wine tastings.
Here are some of the best contemporary art galleries in Napa:
- Di Rosa Art – Here you will find sculptures and the largest collection of Bay area contemporary artists. It is located on a historic winery estate, and it overlooks the park and lake. You will find a permanent collection of work on one estate and iconic pieces housed in the Gatehouse Gallery.
- Jessel Gallery – Artist Jessel Miller, founded the Jessel Gallery. The collection includes celebrity contemporary artists like Erin Dertner and Timothy Dixon.
- The Hess Collection – Art collector Donald Hess invested in a winery estate just off the Napa trail that includes more than 60 artists in a gallery and then a winery in the area next door.
- Hay Barn Gallery – The Hay Barn Gallery at Gordon Huether’s Studio is in a refurbished metal barn that has artwork not only on display but you can watch it being created
- Mumm Napa – This winery estate is home to fine art, temporary, and permanent exhibitions. They have an ongoing collection from Ansel Adams’ estate and black and white prints from the famous photographer.
Walk to Some of Napa’s Historic Galleries
To avoid the hassles of parking and driving, stay local at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. We are conveniently located downtown and within walking distance to contemporary art studios, restaurants, bakeries, tasting rooms and vineyards.
Here is what some of our past guests have had to say about our accommodations:
“Such a great experience. This place is right downtown…”
“Great location. Dead center downtown. Hotel rooms are affordable…”
“Rooms are very clean and recently renovated. The rooms have a modern chic look. Location is perfect to the Napa Riverfront area…”
“Excellent service and an amazing location.”
“It’s clean, quiet, and easy to find.”
“Great! Was so convenient to the restaurants in downtown Napa and the owner was very helpful in recommending places to go.”
Book your stay in our downtown wine country location and look at packages to get more out of your stay. Book online or call 707-226-1871 to make a reservation.