Top 5 Things to Do on Valentine’s Day in Napa 2014
Saint Valentine’s Day, or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is observed every February 14th and it is actually celebrated in many countries around the world. While the day itself is named after an early Christian saint named Valentinus, it was first associated with romantic love in the high Middle Ages when the tradition of courtly love began to flourish.
Today, Valentine’s Day features traditions in which lovers express their love for each other through indulgent gifts. Many lovers prefer to signify the day, however, with an escape from the everyday—and Napa Valley is an ideal place for lovers.
Stay with us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites for Valentine’s day and we’ll help you create a romantic experience you will both remember all year. Call 707-226-1871 to make reservations today.
The top five things to do in Napa Valley for Valentine’s Day include:
- Napa Valley Wine Train – modern romance with an old-time classic twist. The Napa Valley Wine Train romance packages include a glass of sparkling wine, a chocolate treat, and one Love Lock (to be affixed on the bridge) per couple. These packages typically sell out weeks in advance, so book early.
- A hot air balloon ride – there are many hot air balloon specialists in Napa Valley who can give you a once-in-a-lifetime view of the valley: Balloons Above the Valley and Calistoga Balloons are the popular ones.
- Tour Napa by bike – the Napa Valley Bike Tours offer morning, afternoon, self-guided and other types of bike tours including private tours and the famous Pedal Pamper and Plunge that involves a massage and a plunge in the pools of the North Block Spa.
- Take a spa break – what could be more romantic and relaxing than a day at the spa? Napa Valley has some of the most beautiful spas around, including: Emerald Day Spa, Greenhaus European Spa, and Glow. All are within walking distance of the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, so you can stroll home for a nap before dinner!
- Wine tasting tour – what visit to the Napa Valley would be complete without a tour of the wineries? There are so many to choose from! You can even pack a picnic on your visit to a winery. For comfort and ease, consider touring with a driver from the Napa Valley Wine Country Tours.