Whether you are planning a family vacation with kids in tow, or a romantic trip with your spouse or partner, Napa adds a touch of magic! If you are heading to San Francisco, try to include a short visit to the spectacular Napa Valley that lies just an hour away to the north from San Francisco. Even a short two-day getaway in this region can potentially create memories of a lifetime. The lush green valley and stunning vineyards lend the perfect backdrop for a host of activities and attractions offered by the region. Napa’s indulgent food and wine experience, along with opportunities for relaxation and adventure make for a great addition to your San Francisco vacation.
Besides, any time is a good time to visit wine country. In spring, the blooming yellow mustard fields make for Instagram-worthy photos. From late summer to early fall, the grape harvest season promises plenty of action and entertainment. Winters are cool, relatively less crowded, and add a festive charm of their own.
When you pay Napa a visit, here are some of the not-to-be-missed experiences, especially if this is your first trip here:
- Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train. Wine and dine in style aboard a refurbished, vintage railcar as it chugs along the scenic hills and takes you to some of the historic wineries for exclusive tastings.
- Book tasting tours at hilltop wineries that offer gorgeous valley views. Check out Chateau Montelena Winery, Phifer Pavitt, Reverie or Cade Estate Winery.
- Enjoy stunning aerial views of the valley on a hot air balloon ride offered by Napa Valley Aloft or Napa Valley Balloons Inc. At the end of the tour, indulge in an elaborate brunch served with wines and champagnes.
- Book a 2-hour kayaking trip with Napa River History Tour and feast your eyes on scenic views of the beautiful rolling hills from the Napa River.
- Pack a picnic lunch, select your favorite wines, and park yourself in a shady spot in the picturesque picnic areas at Sattui Winery or Monticello Vineyards.
- Treat yourself to indulgent and refreshing massages, facials and therapeutic treatments in one of Napa’s luxury spas.
There are hundreds of other attractions and activities, including foodie tours, bike tours, vineyard trails, and other seasonal events and fests that can make your Napa trip a memorable one.
Excited to plan your Napa getaway along with your San Francisco trip? Book a room at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, a quaint boutique hotel in downtown Napa. You will be just steps away from all the buzz and excitement that the city offers.
Pack your Napa vacation with plenty of exciting options. Reserve your room online or call us at 707-226-1871.