Shake off the Work Grind – Spend Labor Day Weekend in Napa Valley
Labor Day (September 1) is a special American holiday celebrating the labor movement and dedicated to the social and economic achievements brought about through that all-American ideal of hard work. What better way to celebrate a hard-working summer than a long weekend with your feet up in Napa Valley?
Join us in Napa Valley for the traditional end-of-summer weekend called Labor Day.
Here are just a few fun things going on Saturday, August 30th:
- Napa Farmer’s Market from early morning until noon: You can pick up local produce and wander through rows of artisan goods
- Fine artist, Rene Romero Schuler will make her Napa Valley debut with a solo exhibition at Chimney Rock Winery
- Artisanal cheese and wine pairing at Merryvale Vineyards (reservations required): Book this popular tasting event in advance – it tends to sell out quickly
- Napa Ghosts and Legends Walking Tour: Take a step back in time to reach out, meet, and greet the ghosts of Napa Valley. Tour starts at 7:00 p.m. at the corner of 2nd and Coombs. (Call 707-363-6890 to reserve)
Stay with us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites and enjoy the celebrations for Labor Day. Call 707-226-1871 to make your reservations today.
Sundays in Napa Valley are traditionally a little slower, but there are still plenty of things to do including:
- Cabernet is for Bacon Lovers at the St. Supery Estate. (Reservations are required. Call 707-963-4507 or email Reservations@stsupery.com.)
- Live music, Suspects of Soul, at Silo’s 530 Main Street from 4 p.m. into the evening.
Round out your Labor Day weekend by spending your Monday holiday taking a bike ride, or a hike, or a balloon ride over the Napa Valley. The wine industry is busy with the harvest, but a trip through wine country in celebration of your day off is the best way to show us that you appreciate the work of the farmers, growers, and vintners of Napa Valley.
Spend some time enjoying the fruits of your summer labor and ours this Labor Day. Call the helpful and friendly folks at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites to make your reservations today.