Kick Off Your Shoes and Get Grapes on Your Toes in Napa Valley
As fall rolls around Napa Valley, the valley explodes with harvest festivals and the annual grape stomp activities. For over 150 years, the Napa Valley has been a center of grape harvest activities. Every year, vineyards around the valley celebrate the harvest season with special events like these:
- Grape Stomp at Bourassa Vineyards – with a roast pig feast, local musicians, and the opportunity to turn your feet purple, join the Bourassa family in their annual grape stomp. Per person price is $80 ($40 for members and you can bring 2 guests at the wine club price).
- Harvest Party at Franciscan Winery – live music, incredible wine-by-the-case promotions, and great food are hallmarks of the Franciscan Winery Harvest Party when they open their cellars and extend the bountiful harvest to visitors and members. Saturday, October 5 – per person is $65 ($40 for club members).
- Old Fashioned Harvest Stomp at Schweiger Vineyards – offering a chance for visitors to get completely involved in the process, including testing Brix levels, picking your own grapes, and stomping, this day of fun includes lunch and wine tasting. Per person is $150/$125 for club members. Several events are available – October 5 and 10th.
- Bell Wine Cellars Harvest Stomp Party – join winemakers Anthony Bell and Michael Conversano to celebrate this year’s exceptional harvest. Crush grapes underfoot, pick Merlot in the vineyard, and enjoy delicious culinary artistry from chef Don Garrett using the outdoor oven.
See more winery events scheduled for October.
Stay with us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites – call 707-226-1871 to make reservations. You can enjoy all the harvest season action Napa Valley has to offer this fall.
As the temperatures cool down and the leaves change color, it’s a perfect time to plan a getaway to Napa Valley. There is no shortage of things to keep you busy:
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the views with a glass of wine. Many of the wineries offer picnic facilities and what’s better than strolling through the outdoors knowing a tasty picnic lunch awaits? You can even tour the winery and take your bottle to a picnic spot.
- Take a bike ride through the Napa Valley vineyards. An excellent way to get a little gentle exercise and see the wineries from all angles as you pedal past. Stop for a little wine tasting at your favorite vineyards and try one you’ve never tried before just to spread it around a bit.
There are plenty of great ways to enjoy all that harvest season in Napa Valley has to offer, so start planning your trip today!
Call the friendly staff at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites or make your reservation online today. You’ll be close to everything you need to make it an exceptional early fall getaway.