If it’s the Fourth of July, it’s all about flags, parades, carnivals, family picnics, cold beers and fireworks. Since this year’s Independence Day falls on a Thursday, why not make it an extended weekend of festivities? Add another gorgeous element by celebrating amid the rolling hills, lush valleys and beautiful countryside locales of Napa Valley.
Here’s a rundown of what wine country offers through the 2019 Fourth of July weekend, starting Thursday.
- Napa Valley Wine Train: Get on-board the lavishly restored vintage railcar of the Napa Valley Wine Train for a 3.5-hour patriotic journey through Napa’s historic countryside. Enjoy a delectable, multi-course, gourmet meal and watch the night sky light up with the stunning Yountville fireworks (a special on-board viewing which makes the Wine Train night ride a sell-out each year).
- Yountville Festivities: Head to Yountville, where the Veterans Home hosts the Fourth of July Festival every year. Browse through a number of unique stalls, sample a range of cuisines, enjoy live music, take a dip in the community pool and let the kids spend time at the Kid Zone dunk tank and water slides. In the evening, watch the Kid’s Parade, usually led by the Home Wheelchair Drill Team, the Hill Angels. After sundown, find a spot on the nearby golf course for a great view of the spectacular fireworks.
- St. Helena Family Events: Pack a picnic lunch, bring lawn games, and spend the day in St. Helena. In the evening, join the Family Bike Parade up to Lyman Park, where you can watch the St. Helena Community Band perform live. Later, grab a spot in Crane Park to enjoy the nighttime fireworks.
- Calistoga Carnival: Every year, the Napa County Fair Association hosts the Independence Day Star-Spangled Social in Calistoga. From food and games, to live events and fireworks, enjoy the carnival-like atmosphere and loads of family-friendly activities in this beautiful town.
- Napa Downtown: Downtown Napa is teeming with events and festivities throughout the Independence Day weekend. With a themed parade, live music, kid-friendly zones and the Napa Lights Event at the Oxbow Commons, Fourth of July promises extraordinary excitement in downtown Napa.
Looking forward to heaps of family fun, or hoping for a tranquil weekend with a loved one? No matter what your agenda, book your wine country accommodation at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our convenient location in the heart of downtown Napa will put you steps away from the Independence Day attractions, as well as other relaxing and fun activities.
Beat the last-minute rush while booking your Fourth of July weekend stay in Napa Valley. Call us at 707-226-1871 or reserve your room online today.