Most people flock to Napa Valley for its gorgeous scenery, historic wineries, culinary prowess and a vibrant music scene. However, Wine Country offers a host of other attractions that cater to all ages and preferences. From outdoor activities and adventure sports, to arts and cultural events, and shopping and luxury spas, there is something for everyone. One such offering from Napa is its beautiful, championship golf courses that impresses golf enthusiasts and professional players alike.
Here are our top ten picks of golfing greens in and around Napa:
- Chardonnay Golf Club: This 18-hole championship golf course meanders over 150 acres of Chardonnay and Merlot vineyards, and features diverse flora and fauna, sparkling lakes and charming creek crossings.
- Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park: An 18-hole full-service championship course, this 8,500 square foot space features chipping greens and 22 individual stall driving range to practice your swing. Their on-staff PGA Class A golf pros offer year-round lessons for players of all skill levels.
- Silverado Resort and Spa Golf Course: Home of the PGA Tour’s Safeway Open, this 36-hole course is known to be one of the best in the U.S.
- Vintner’s Golf Club: This beautiful, award-winning 9-hole course featuring three different sets of tees is highly enjoyable for players of all skill levels.
- Mount St. Helena Golf Course: Located on the Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga, the layout and playing surface of this course offers varying challenges for both, beginners and professionals.
- Eagle Vines Golf Club: Combining recreation and nature, this remarkable 18-hole, par-72 course is very popular in the Bay Area.
- HiddenBrooke Golf Club: This course has been ranked one of the top public golf courses in the U.S. Check out their customized golf outings that couple private lessons with food and wine pairings for your group of friends or colleagues.
- Oakmont Golf Club: This easily walkable course is lined with heritage oak trees and offers scenic vistas of Sonoma County throughout the 6,300 yards of greens.
- Rancho Solano and Paradise Valley Golf Clubs: Check out these two distinct Fairfield golf courses in Solano County, not far from Napa. Both courses offer a spectacular layout, with oak lined fairways, meandering creeks and beautiful, country club-like amenities.
- Windsor Golf Club: A challenging layout, complete with sloping landscapes, lakes, creeks and majestic oaks.
Whether you are a professional, an avid golfer or a complete beginner, Napa’s lush courses, amid the breathtaking, rolling hills promise a range of challenging surfaces for all skill levels. Plan your golf vacation to Napa and book your stay at the centrally located Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our quaint, boutique accommodation and proximity to all the attractions and activities will help you make the most of your Napa visit.