Explore Napa Valley Online: Swirl, Sip, and Savor a Bit of Virtual Tourism
Staying home and practicing physical distancing over an extended period of time has been tough on everyone. From adjusting to the new work-from-home norms and managing restless kids, to making time for grocery trips and household chores, you may be juggling a number of priorities. Imagine how exciting it would be to escape from this routine for a short weekend getaway to the gorgeous Napa Valley! The area is only just starting to open up gradually. However, you can explore the valley’s many spectacular offerings virtually. Take a break from your chores, pour your favorite wine, relax on your couch, and treat yourself to wine country’s thrilling virtual experiences.
Here are a few interesting online events hosted by various Napa Valley establishments:
- Wine from home: Check out the wine tasting events lined up by over 45 Napa wineries. Most wineries ship the wines (and food kits) to your home ahead of the live events, hosted through Facebook Live, Zoom, or other such apps. Learn more about your favorite reds, whites and rosés from expert sommeliers, who also offer easy recipes and food pairings to enrich your wine tasting experience.
- Virtual winery tours:
- The legendary Clif Family winery in St. Helena offers not just virtual food and wine tasting events, but also an immersive virtual tour of their highly-acclaimed Cold Springs Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard.
- Get a better understanding of the unique vineyard site of the Pine Ridge Winery while you taste their choicest range of Cabernet Sauvignons.
- Sparkle all the way: Learn more about buying, serving, tasting, and pairing for sparkling wines from all over the world in CIA at Copia’s Bubbles for Every Occasion event.
- Sip and soar: Sign up for a virtual hot air balloon ride that transports you above the clouds. Besides the sun-kissed hills and lush vineyards of the Napa region, this virtual tour allows you to experience the loading of the basket, a gradual lift-off, hissing of the propellant, and an exhilarating landing.
- Art and wine pairings: Top up your wine glass and join a virtual tour of Yountville’s Art Walk. Admire and discuss the 35 gorgeous sculptures and art installations, or watch live exhibits from the Napa Valley Museum.
- Musical wine n’ dine: Tune in to the (re)Live BottleRock series every Friday on YouTube to reminisce rocking performances from past seasons of BottleRock. Experience a unique culinary-cum-celebrity mashup, as you sip, swirl and savor your wines.
When shelter-in-place orders are lifted, and Napa’s businesses reopen, plan your much-awaited wine country visit with friends and family. Enjoy the beautiful sights and smells of the valley and make the most of the region’s diverse offerings. For a convenient and comfortable stay during your visit, book your accommodation at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our fantastic central location will put you right in the middle of all the action in Napa.
Past guests have loved their stay with us:
- “Great downtown location. Really friendly check-in, and a live DJ that afternoon which was a nice touch. Room was clean & bed comfy.”
- “Staff is very helpful and provide good tips to dine out and visit the city! Really enjoyed my time in Napa!! It has parking inside which is great. Room is very spacious and was clean.”
- “Staff was amazing! Really friendly, welcoming, and very knowledgeable on Napa’s fun activities. Hotel was nice and clean, safe parking, and overall great.”
Stay safe and visit Napa Valley virtually for now. When it is time to plan your trip, reserve your suite online or call us at 707-226-1871.