The Napa Valley vineyards and rolling hills are undoubtedly among the best views you can see in your lifetime. Instead of experiencing this view from the climate-controlled stiffness of a car, try rolling through the vineyards on a bike.
The classic Napa Valley bike tour has a small group – typically just about 12 cyclists – and a knowledgeable guide. The number of wineries you visit varies, so take the time to find the tour that suits you. You can arrange for private and self-guided tours too.
There are a number of Napa Valley bike tours, including:
- Cycling IN the Vineyards – led through the Carneros District, an area known for postcard views and milder climate
- Hot-Air Balloon & Bike Tour – it starts with a balloon flight and then a bike ride, so you’ll experience Napa Valley from both perspectives
- Pedal, Pamper & Plunge – the morning starts with an energizing bike ride and you’ll pop into a few wineries, then enjoy a robust lunch by a renowned chef, and take a plunge in the pool or treat yourself to a massage or facial
- Wild Women on Wine Bike Tour – when it’s time for the girls to get together, what’s better than a fun-filled day of pedaling through Napa Valley’s wineries?
After everyone is safely fitted with a comfortable bike, you’ll soon find the pace of the guided bike tours is casual and easy.
Get a little more fresh air than you might through the windows of a car or van and experience the vineyards up close – engaging all of your senses.
Call the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites at 707-226-1871 to reserve your room and relax after your Napa Valley bike tour.
With the typical Napa Valley bike tour, you’ll pedal an average of 3-6 miles between each winery with lots of stops for pictures and gazing. The emphasis of this bike tour is on enjoying the scenery and discovering some great family-owned wineries along the way.
Most of the bike tours offer amenities such as:
- A late model specialized hybrid bike and helmet
- Handlebar bag to hold sunscreen, wallet, camera, etc.
- Van support, including wine purchase pickup
- Souvenir water bottle to stay hydrated
It’s a leisurely tour on flat to gentle rolling terrain so it’s a comfortable ride at any fitness level.
Each tour typically includes a visit of three wineries and with over 60 wineries located along our most popular cycling route, it’s never a problem to choose which ones to visit. Typically, the bike tour visits the wineries that offer legendary hospitality, a friendly and fun tasting room experience, and those with a willingness to share their knowledge of wine-making.
Some of the wineries visited on Napa Valley bike tours include:
- O’Brien Estate
- Silver Oak
- And many more
Check availability at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites, or call us at 707-226-1871 and ask about our current specials. Schedule your classic Napa Valley bike tour today!