Experience Art After Dark at the Lighted Art Festival Napa 2020
Napa Valley’s offerings go well beyond its verdant vineyards, exquisite wines, and gastronomic delights. From galleries, museums and exhibitions, to art, music and food festivals, Wine Country’s attractions will warm your heart, just as much as that glass of rich red, or shimmering white wine.
The Napa Lighted Art Festival is one such imaginative event, where Napa’s iconic architecture become the paintings in themselves. Local and international artists create original artwork through stunning light projections on these buildings. This is a great time to be in Napa to enjoy a walkable experience that celebrates the creative arts, lights and technology. Read on for highlights of this 9-day free festival scheduled from January 11-19, 2020:
- Illuminated Art: This event is about the innovative use of lights and light technologies, and will feature light art, lighted sculptures, video art, and other projects that use technology and interactivity. Check out the illuminated art installations at approximately 13 different locations in downtown Napa, the Oxbow District, and other areas within Napa, daily between 6.00 p.m. and 10.00 p.m. on all days of the festival.
- Lantern Parade: On January 17th at 6.30 p.m., head to the Veteran’s Park to create your own personalized lantern. Later, join a fun parade that weaves through the various art installations in downtown Napa.
- Night Bloom and Historic Tours: Watch Napa Valley’s majestic hot air balloons light up the sky at Oxbow Commons on both weekends of the festival. January 11th and 12th and January 18th and 19th from 7.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. You can also book a spot for an illuminating city tour conducted by the Napa County Historic Society at 4.00 p.m. on both weekends of the festival.
- Lunchboxing with Lasers: Meet an award-winning laser artist at the Napa River Inn on January 11, 2020 from 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. In this interactive session, you will get to play around with lumia lasers, changing their speed and brightness, while projecting them on the Napa Mill silo.
- Artwork: Chroma Current: Attend a one-of-a-kind audience interactive session at the Napa City Hall on January 12, 2020, from 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. Watch light projections respond to your body movements, creating an impressive flow and effect of colors on the art installation here.
- Artwork: First Flight: Check out this spectacular, thought-provoking creation at the First Presbyterian Church in Napa. This installation is a unique sensory experience that showcases the journey of light and color over a 24-hour period, from one dawn to the next.
Whether you are a regular visitor to Napa, or you are planning your first visit to Wine Country, consider booking your accommodation at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our quaint boutique hotel enjoys a fantastic central location in downtown Napa, putting you just steps away from the art installations, eateries, tasting rooms, and other Napa attractions.
Book your accommodation in time for the Napa Lighted Arts Festival 2020. Call us at 707-226-1871 or reserve your room online.