When you visit Napa, you’re stepping into a historic place – a place steeped in charm with stories around every corner. For over 150 years, this little spot along the Napa River has served as the center of commerce for the surrounding valley filled with farmers and growers. Many of the buildings that grace downtown Napa are pre-1906 and there are more of them here than in San Francisco or any other Bay Area city.
To explore all that historic downtown Napa has to offer, we recommend getting started early:
- The Napa Valley Welcome Center on Main Street has walking maps and the friendly folks there can help you work out a great tour of downtown Napa. Parking is free and it’s open daily 9-5.
- No visit to Napa is complete without a stop at the Oxbow Public Market where you can load up your backpack and your belly to fuel your historic walking tour.
- In the afternoon, a stroll by the Vintage Sweet Shoppe – in operation in Napa for over thirty years. This is an excellent treat and they even offer a chocolate and wine pairing!
Stay with us at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites – call 707-226-1871 to make reservations. You can enjoy all that historic Napa Valley has to offer in the late summer season.
Some of the other things that can fill your days in and/or near downtown Napa include the following:
- Soar over Napa in a Hot Air Balloon – A unique kind of wine country tour that you’ll remember forever. Under the guidance of experienced hot air balloon pilots, you’ll soar above vineyards and experience the beautiful Napa Valley from a unique vantage point.
- Explore the Napa Valley Outdoors – Take a bike, kayak, or hiking tour with Napa Valley Adventure Tours. Stop in at their downtown location right on First Street and set up your outdoor adventure.
- Enjoy a luxurious ride on the Napa Valley Wine Train – A special way to see the heart of Napa Valley, this fully restored antique train departs downtown Napa and runs 36 miles through the valley to the small town of St. Helena and back. The Wine Train offers great regional food and hard to find wines too.
In short, there’s no shortage of things to keep you busy in downtown Napa and beyond to the Napa Valley – start planning your trip today!
Call the friendly staff at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites or make your reservation online today. You’ll be right in the heart of downtown Napa and you can begin your adventure in style.