Napa Vacation: Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Whether you are visiting Napa for the first time, or you are a regular weekender in Wine Country, there is so much to explore beyond the region’s spectacular vineyards. If you are someone who enjoys the outdoors and likes to be out and about, Napa Valley will not disappoint. From hiking and biking amid the scenic landscape, to kayaking and paddle boarding on the sparkling Napa River, there are plenty of activities for all ages and interests.
Here are some activities you may want to explore on your next Napa visit:
- Lace up your boots, don your hat and hike through state parks and local trails with Napa Valley Hiking Tours. Enjoy a mix of pine forests, redwood covered creeks, vibrant foliage, diverse wildlife, and beautiful lakes.
- Hire bikes, pack a picnic lunch and head to Napa’s signature bike routes for a self-guided tour of the valley. If you choose the guided Napa Valley Bike Tour, you will not only pedal through rows of vineyards, but also learn about the region’s heritage vineyards and the exciting ‘vine-to-bottle’ process.
- Discover hidden gems and the history of Napa Valley while you kayak on the Napa River as part of the 2-hour Napa River History Tour.
- If hiking or biking through vineyards seems less appealing to you, how about galloping through the region? Try the guided horseback trail packages by Napa Valley Trail Rides. A fantastic and unconventional option to combine the valley’s breathtaking vistas with estate wine-paired meal tastings!
- Get a hands-on introduction to the art and sport of fly-fishing with Napa Valley Fly Fishing Guides. Your prized catch may include a wide variety, including rainbows, steelhead, striper, smallmouth and largemouth.
- Last, but not the least, why not enroll for one of the culinary walking tours, such as the one offered by Foodies on Foot? Explore Napa’s Historic Downtown, while sampling a variety of bites and drinks at several chic eateries.
There is so much to see and do in the outdoors at Napa, that one visit will not be enough. While it may be a challenge to pick and choose the activities to pack into your next Napa trip, the decision about where to stay in Napa is quite easy. Simply book your stay at Napa’s best boutique hotel, Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. This charming accommodation in the heart of downtown Napa makes for an excellent base to explore the region’s attractive outdoors.
See what past guests have to say about their stay here:
- “Very comfy, lovely, clean, quiet.”
- “Would definitely book here again!”
- “Hotel’s location is close to great restaurants, shops, wineries and the river.”
All set to explore the great outdoors in Napa Valley? Reserve your room online or call us at 707-226-1871.