Many visitors know Napa Valley as the premier, world famous wine tasting destination. From Chardonnay to Cabernet, Napa Valley visitors have an endless selection of wines to taste and truly appreciate. Some wine connoisseurs prefer to taste, but not ingest the wine, however other aficionados find that drinking the wine is the best way to appreciate its full flavor and bouquet.
If you choose to drink the majority of the wine you taste, it’s always important you come to wine tastings with a plan. Although Napa Valley Hotel and Suites is located within walking distance of many fine wineries and wine bars, others require that you take a short car trip. Since drinking and driving is never an option, we encourage visitors to make some decisions before venturing out on your wine tasting tour.
We want all of our visitors to have fond memories of their trip to Napa Valley so remember:
- The best way to taste the wine without drinking too much is following the 6 S’s—swirl, sniff, sip, swish, spit and swallow.
- Drink at least two glasses of water for each glass of wine.
- Stop drinking well in advance of driving.
- Don’t forget to eat–take advantage of the fine dining and restaurants in Napa Valley.
- Have the common sense to say, “Call me a cab, please!”
Or speak to one of the employees at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites about limo and cab rentals. We can arrange to have you picked up from your destination to make it a lovely night to remember. For more information about Napa Valley Hotel and Suites call us at 707-226-1871.