Celebrate Fourth of July in Wine Country
This year, Fourth of July promises to be truly unique. Holding flags, watching the parades, admiring the fireworks, or enjoying family picnics with barbecues and cool beverages used to make this weekend special. However, it is uncertain which of these usual celebrations are going to be possible this July. In fact, Napa’s legendary 4th of July Parade has already announced that it will be going virtual this year. You still have options to participate in the parade from the comfort and safety of your home. Get selected for live streaming a pancake breakfast recipe, or your barbecue prowess, or create and send a group video with friends and family singing “Happy Birthday” to the USA.
Napa’s businesses, cafés, eateries, and other attractions seem hopeful of resuming operations sometime in June 2020. Which means, you may still want to tentatively plan a Fourth of July weekend getaway to Napa Valley. If your local authorities and public health agencies lift the shelter-in-place orders, here are some options to celebrate Independence Day in wine country.
- Reserve your seats for the 2020 Margrit Mondavi Summer Concert Series, hosted by the Robert Mondavi Winery. Their beautiful outdoor concert venue, surrounded by the lush vineyards makes for a delightful setting to watch great performances, while sipping a diverse range of aromatic wines.
- If Merryvale winery’s Friday Music on the Terrace events are back up, you may be able to enjoy delicious food and wine pairings while listening to popular local musicians in a serene vineyard setting.
- The city of St. Helena hosts exciting 4th of July celebrations every year. From creative bike parades and live music in the park, to kiddie games and gourmet treats, they usually have something for everyone. Other Napa Valley towns, such as Yountville, Calistoga, and American Canyon also have their share of celebrations. However, at this point, the schedules may be tentative. Watch for updates from the respective websites and plan your itinerary accordingly.
- Whether you have been on it before or this is your first time, if the Napa Valley Wine Train resumes operations by the 4th of July weekend, don’t miss a ride! Get aboard this lavishly restored vintage railcar that makes its way through the rolling hills and stunning vineyards of wine country.
- The possibility of walking around town fairs or park festivities looks bleak this year. The region’s sensational wineries can more than make up for the lack of other entertainment options. Treat yourself and your loved ones to mouthwatering food and wine pairings, while enjoying a sunny getaway in Napa Valley.
When you plan your Napa Valley trip, book your stay at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Conveniently located in the heart of Historic Downtown Napa, our boutique hotel will put you right in the middle of all the shopping, dining and entertainment in wine country.
Past guests have enjoyed our service and clean, cozy facilities:
- “This is a quaint little hotel located downtown. I am glad we stayed here, everything was walking distance AND they had a bunch of “buy one get one free” cards to give us. I was in Napa attending a family wedding. The prices were fair, rooms were small, but clean, and the staff was kind. I will def be staying here again!”
- “Gentleman at the front desk was so helpful and happy to tell us how to spend our time in Napa. We didn’t research where to go before we arrived so he saved us lots of time. Room was great. Bed comfy. Very clean bathroom.”
- “This hotel knows customer service! True their parking is limited and they don’t have a lot of amenities, but they have personality and hospitality. Very clean. 5 stars in my book. Thank you Janeese & Gary! We will be back.”
Book your stay in a fantastic central location in downtown Napa. Call 707-226-1871 or use our easy online booking system.