Summer would not be summer without heaps of ice cream! Whether you have a sweet tooth or you’re all about healthy eating, ice cream can hardly be off your list, especially on a warm, sunny Napa Valley getaway. In fact, some of wine country’s exclusive, artisanal ice-creams draw such huge crowds, that you may actually need an ice cream strategy in Napa Valley!
Here is our pick of the not-to-be-missed Napa ice cream places.
- Three Twins Ice Cream: Located at the Oxbow Public Market, they serve ice cream made with organic ingredients and offer several delicious and innovative flavors. Check out Mint Confetti, Dad’s Cardamom, Mexican Chocolate, Lemon Cookie and Land of Milk and Honey, among others.
- Miminashi: This Izakaya-style restaurant in downtown Napa serves a wide array of Japanese dishes and fine sakes. They figure on our ice cream list for their unique, Japanese-style soft serve ice cream in creative flavors, such as sweet corn, margarita sorbet, orange whip, malted chocolate and more.
- CREAM Napa: They say ice cream is a great palate cleanser between wines! Check out CREAM’s cool menu of delicious, hand-crafted ice cream, warm cookie-filled ice cream sandwiches, ice cream tacos, sundaes, ice floats and more. This is one of those only-in-Napa ice cream places that you should not miss.
- YoBelle: This tiny ice cream / frozen yogurt shop in Napa whips up a big menu of fresh and fruity flavors. With an assortment of toppings, dipping sauces and a build-your-own option, you can always keep going back to try something different.
- Chocolate Cow: A small, family-operated artisanal desserts and ice cream shop in downtown Sonoma, they offer a wide variety of small-batch, nut-free ice cream.
- Tarascas Paleteria: A great place for homemade ice cream and sorbet, they offer several interesting ice cream flavors, as well as popsicles and chocolate.
Drooling over thoughts of creamy, mouth-watering ice cream? While you plan your Napa Valley food and desserts itinerary, consider staying at the conveniently located, Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our boutique accommodation is just a leisurely stroll from several exotic eateries and one-of-a-kind ice cream shops in downtown Napa.
Plan a chilled out, fun-filled wine country getaway and enjoy the region’s delicious food, wine and desserts. To book your stay in the heart of downtown Napa, call 707-226-1871 or reserve your suite online.