Napa Valley is a place you can explore for an entire week, weekend, or even a day-long getaway.
Regardless of why you are headed into wine country, plan your itinerary just right to get the most out of that one-day visit.
Here are some ways to squeeze in plenty of action, and of course great wine:
- Start with a Well-Planned Morning: The Oxbow District sits along the Napa River and Oxbow Preserve. It is a 13-acre park that is perfect for the foodie visiting Napa. You can eat at Model Bakery, walk through the Oxbow Public Market, and stop at the Oxbow Cheese and Wine Merchant for excellent pairings.
- Middle of the Day Festivities: Tour the Historic Mill on the opposite side of the Napa River, talk a walk along the Riverfront Center and find a café on First Street, like Bounty Hunter. Here you will get a delicious burger paired with a Napa Valley wine. If you prefer to fill your lunchtime with wine tasting, stop in at one of the many tasting rooms speckled along First Street and throughout downtown.
- Spend the Afternoon Soaking up Art: Kick off the evening by going through the local art galleries, and drop in for a guided tour of di Rosa’s Gatehouse Gallery.
- Evening in Style: To finish your day of Napa Valley adventuring, find a local eatery featuring the finest chefs in wine country. Craving French cuisine? La Toque is perfect for French fine food. La Taberna and Zuzu offer tapas, and Oenotri is ideal for Italian.
- Night Life and Entertainment: Once the sun goes down, do not assume that Napa shuts down for the night. Instead, take advantage of the nightlife in the area by visiting Blue Note, a venue that is a spinoff of the New York venue and inside the Napa Valley Opera House. This jazz club hosts nightly acts and plenty of great drinks.
Sleep in Style and Head Home in the Morning
Spend your night with the accommodations offered by the boutique downtown hotel, Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our rooms are spacious, comfortable, and within walking distance of everything to explore in Napa.
Here are just a few comments from past guests:
“If you want a clean, no-nonsense room in a great location with courteous staff, then this is your place.”
“Come check it out and ask for Gary, thanks again for starting our night off on the right foot!”
“We were able to walk everywhere and that was great.”
Book your stay at our downtown Napa hotel online for your one-day getaway. Call 707-226-1871 today to confirm your stay.