As the days get shorter (and the nights get cooler), you may think the time for an outdoor vacation is over. But Napa Valley is beautiful any time of year, and there are plenty of reasons why a winter visit is a great decision.
Here are our top 5 reasons to visit Napa Valley in the winter:
- Fewer crowds translate into a more luxurious experience. As the groups of people thin in the off-season, you’ll enjoy more comfortable (and more affordable) access to all that Napa Valley has to offer. From lower hotel rates to winery discounts, you can add an extra day or two to your stay and indulge in more of Napa’s delicious foods and wines.
- It’s Cabernet Season! Harvest is over, temperatures are cool, and the Cabernet is pouring throughout the Valley. Many of the wineries have special events around the deeply delicious black currant, ripe plum, raspberry, and blackberry notes in Cabernet wines.
- You can go to the Truffle Festival. Napa Valley’s climate provides perfect growing conditions for black and burgundy truffles. What used to be an imported European delicacy is now available in Sonoma and Napa. The taste of fresh truffles blended into a risotto and paired with a Pinot Noir will remind you why a winter visit to Napa Valley is a great idea.
- Napa hosts a Lighted Arts Festival. The 9-day festival brightens the otherwise long, dark winter nights. Savor the experience of a lantern parade, illuminated hot air balloons, and Napa’s iconic architecture and murals beautifully lit.
- You can start your year with our Resolution Run. Enjoy picturesque views as you run a 5K or 10K through Yountville and the surrounding areas. Even if the day is foggy, the run (and your resolutions) are a great way to usher in a New Year.
Are you ready to plan your winter trip to Napa Valley? It’s not too early to make reservations at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our central location in downtown Napa and our friendly staff will help you get connected to the winter activities that will make your trip memorable.
Enjoy the winter season in Napa Valley with us! Call 707-226-1871 to book a room or complete your reservation online.