These days, many of us are overworked to an extreme; yet technology has always promised to make our lives easier. The fact is, every new innovation seems to take more of our time not give us more time. Many travelers are looking for ways to leave their electronics for periods of time and go off-grid to save their sanity. Health experts are even starting to recommend breaks from technology for many reasons: to prevent eye strain, to help us concentrate better, and to give our minds a better sense of peace.
Napa Valley is an amazing place to go off-grid for an afternoon, a day, a week, or more. The beauty of the surroundings means you can step away from your overload of technology and enjoy nature with all your senses, including taste!
- Start with a reservation in one of our unique suites at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites.
- Stroll into town the next morning and enjoy a delicious breakfast at one of the many famous restaurants serving breakfast. The Alexis Baking Company is close and offers a great bakery and breakfast – it’s popular with the locals too!
- Spend your morning strolling through historic downtown Napa Valley. Visit the parks and many boutique stores while you walk off breakfast. Don’t forget to walk by the Napa River – it’s an important part of Napa Valley.
- Step into Back Room Wines and try their ‘Off the Grid’ wine flight. Taste whites and reds – all delicious and unique and from wineries that only the locals know.
The Napa Valley Hotel and Suites is within walking distance of everything you need to enjoy a luxurious off-the-grid trip for as long as you can handle staying away from your electronics.
There are so many wonderful things to enjoy in Napa Valley. Scheduling your stay at the Napa Valley Hotel and Suites puts you right in the middle of all the action.
When it’s time for dinner, take a look at these restaurants for your off-the-grid experience:
- BarbersQ – in northwest Napa and the ideal place to get great Tennessee-style barbecue. It’s upscale barbecue that delivers and is worth the price.
- C Casa – in the Oxbow district of downtown Napa. Their tacos are unique: buffalo, lamb, and they also serve wine with their tacos – a perfect Napa combination.
- Fish Story – in downtown Napa, this is the place for great seafood. Live Dungeness crab and Main Lobster fresh from the tanks.
- If it’s steak you’re looking for, check out Cole’s Chophouse in downtown Napa. They deliver the best steak in the valley and you cannot skip their hashbrowns. You won’t be sorry.